Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 2 12" rear facing enclosure and using only ID Components

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

jwth2005
10+ year member

Ok guys, like i posted in my other thread im going to be yanking out the stock Shaker 500 from my stang and replacing it with something better. Basically the heard of the system will be fed from Pioneers AVH-p3200BT(any feed back on this unit). I have a set of Image Dynamics CTX65CS that i will be using in the front stage. Now my dilema is this: 2 12" subs or 1 12" sub. I like a more SQ oriented steup that can still produce some volume. Now my other option is to whether or not to run dedicated 8" Midbass' in the doors. I will not be upgrading the stock alternator to do any of this so keep this in mind that power will be limited. I really dont think i need to exceed 1500wats RMS total(front stage and subs). Also note that due to the limited space both enclosure options are sealed only!!

Any opinions and reccomendations appreciated.

Thx

Jeremy

I present to you a third option....

A pair of IB 12's mounted where the rear seats fold down with your ID components in the doors. Too bad I didn't take notice of these in 2008: https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn154bef1cf2ef43d/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0050_IB3/product_overview.shopscript

I wish I had gone this route prior to investing so much in a JL Audio Stealthbox, but my cheap ass didn't have any tools at the time. The only local custom shop that would even offer to do a FG enclosure wanted $1k to build the enclosure, provided I purchased a subwoofer from them. I guess I have them to thank though... Because of their outrageous prices, I became more of a DIY person, invested in tools, and can now pretty much handle any task that deals with wood or fiberglass.

Stupid question but I've seen the term ib thrown around and don't know what that is. Care to elaborate? I found one rear facing box from supercrewsound.com for 110 and qlogic sells the corner fg box for 275. Now are u suggesting to forward fire and leave the rear seats down? Or fire them into the backs of the seats?

tell me how much u want to spend on subs/ amp and i can give you some recommendations. and then again those boxes you seen are very small boxes for 12's they wont sound that good at all, a lot of sq comes from the box.

I'd be willin to spend up to 300 each per sub. And whatever it takes to get an amp to power them. I listen to rock, metal, country, classical. The trunk in a Stang is small as it is so I would like to keep as much space as I can. IE: I was thinking about using alpine pdx amps as they are compact and stackable. I definatelt wouldn't mind a good pair of 10s either.

but if u want to go all out and have the perfect sub for your enclosure pm

RE-install of my Custom PSI 10" - Car Audio Classifieds

david moore one of the origional engineers of re audio, he owns psi car audio now and makes custom built subs, pm him exactly what kind of 10's u want enclosure etc .75 per chamber rock and he will custom build u a sub.

PSI Car Audio - Car Audio Classifieds

ur going to want a platform 1

but the box is very important and id def get a box from srq, he dosent make it in 12's because the trunk is so small and he dosent want the buyer to be disapointed cause he has room to cut the hole its just the volume is so small

and for the price youd pay for a alpine id much rather have a mmats amp

MMATS D1600.1 MONO BLOCK CLASS D SUBWOOFER AMPLIFIER US - eBay (item 270579241610 end time May-21-10 19:57:04 PDT)

american made right here in florida and as small as an amp you can buy

Mmats D2000.05 AMP 1 CHANNEL 2000 SUB AMPLIFIER - eBay (item 230463510251 end time May-17-10 13:05:23 PDT)

also very effecient amps as they dont tax ur electrical due 2 their 120v rails if you notice the d1600.1 only uses a 60 amp fuse and the d2000.05 uses only a 80 amp fuse 2 guage inputs

Yea that's an important factor too I don't want to have to go crazy on electrical to get what I want. That's a ton of sub options there man!!! I really appreciate that. Will need to look at all of these in detail when I get off work(iPhone makes this a pain in the ass). The idq and Fi sound interesting as does the custom psi route. I had found the srq while surfing last night. Much better than the one from supercrewsound and better looking with the cover up panels.

Lol nm saw the fi ib. Ok I guess I'm still lost what is infinite baffle?
Infinite Baffle is generally where one uses their whole trunk as an enclosure by mounting the subwoofers to a baffle board. It does have a couple of down sides though. One is that you must completely isolate the front wave from the rear wave of the subwoofer by forming the best seal possible. The other is that it takes a good bit of cone area to equal the same punch as smaller, ported subwoofers.

The plus to Infinite Baffle is low frequency extension like you wouldn't believe along with increased efficiency. Had I kept my 97 Civic coupe, I had plans to IB a pair of 15s in it. Unfortunately my head bounced off the roof one too many times on these crappy Louisiana highways, so the car had to go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...