06 Acura TL audio upgrade help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

hgrady92

I have been doing some research on upgrading my audio system in my acura, i am a service technician at a dealership so i am not really worried about the extensive process of removing the factory equipment. But i do lack in knowledge when it comes to audio equipment. I am wanting to get a hu, amplifier, one subwoofer, and front door speakers. I am not looking to have the loudest system but i want good quality products and better bass for my car. If someone could point me in the right direction or maybe some suggestions that would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking of a budget around 700-900 dont mind getting used sub or amp but definitely want a new hu. thanks in advance

want double din or single din? and do you have a factory nav unit? thats probably going to be the most difficult and exepensive part.

With spending 400ish on a HU youre looking at another 500 from what you have left.. A good set of components is going to run you around 300, unless you're just wanting some 3 way's. I'm assuming you're going to run the 3 ways off the factory amp. So lets say 200 for speakers. Which leaves 300, so you might be able to grab a cheap 8 and a small amp or something for around 900.

If you're wanting good SQ You may want to up your budget, most people recommend for good SQ to get a decent set of Components and an amp for them. A decent HU and Components with an amp will meet your budget and you can always add a sub later.

my main focus is head unit amp and sub, i do want to upgrade my door speakers but that is not on the top of my priority sheet and can always upgrade those later and i do not mind getting a used amp or sub as i stated in my post but i do want a new head unit.

Well if you're just going with SQ, I've heard nothing but good things about the Sundown SA 8 v2 I believe. I've heard decent things about the American Bass VFL 8's also. If you went new, you can get an SA for like $175 new I believe, or a VFL 8 for like 130 ish? It's been awhile since I looked at pricing. Amp wise, I honestly do not know but im guessing to push an 8 would be between 100-150. So combined you're looking at around 300 also. Or you could do a single 12, even an Sundown SA 12 or an Soundqubed 12 which are both between 150-200 I believe.

Edit: The SQ HDS312's are $160 ish

As i said before i am pretty in the dark when it comes to audio equipment, how good is the 8" sub because my car comes with a 8 in the rear deck as you can imagine it sounds better with the sub turned down to 0 than at any other point if i got another 8 i could just mount it in that slot where the 8 was and run my amp wire to that instead of having space taken up in my trunk right. I guess there are 2 questions here one how good is the VFL 8 and i could just mount an 8 to where my stock sub is.

if anyone is still reading this thread, i guess what i really need to know is what equipment will i need to get everything running. I know ill need the hu, amp, sub, door speakers, but what other items will i need

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.