04 f150

clubcar13
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys,

I have a 2004 f150 5.4l v8 and I really need to change up the system. I need your guys' opinions on what to do. As you can see, the options are very limited. What do you guys think I should do? I would love to make a custom box and I want a system that hits hard. Where and what size woofers/amp should I put in the truck? Maybe some box designs?

Thanks,

Mike

DSC06628.jpg

DSC06623.jpg

DSC06626.jpg

P2270019.jpg

P2270011.jpg

i would do 2 8"s or 10"s sealed under the seat...... factory look with nice SQ is what i honestly would do. maybe 2 8w3's? i dont know how much you want to spend so i can really suggest anything, but i would do 2 8"s or 2 10"s probably. And a nice 2 ways setup in your front doors.

You could just deaden the crap out of all four doors, put a nice 2 way component set up from on an amp, and then some nice 6.5" (or w/e you need in your door) subwoofers in the rear door on an amp. That would also sound nice while keeping a stock look.

I was going to do exactly the way you have your sub box now. But im going to completely take out the seat you sit on located on the left and to make a much bigger ported box. And then im putting 1 18" to pound.

Couple Mags from stereo Integrity would work. They only call for 1.0cft sealed and throw a nice 1500d from Sundown on them and you would be rocking! For highs, I would hit up the budget PG Rsd's and run them off a clean 75rms each.

Got the deck it looks like, although I am not sure if that is factory or not.

Do the big3, couple kinetiks and 0/1g hypeflex Kicker wire and enjoy.

Probably a good 1500 in that, but would be pure sex!

I pulled 1/3 of the back seat in my Tundra, it looks like it could work in your truck...
IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg
Nothing but respect to you, sir. That looks great.

To the OP, I have an 05 SuperCrew Lariat and I'm debating the same thing.

Best I can come up with so far

a Ported 15 with the removal of that 40 in the back, or you could look into seat risers. They make a 2" Seat riser for our trucks that would give you a bit more room to work with - something to consider.

I was going to do four 8's under the rear seat with the spacer, but because of the way the seats are(and the bracketing underneath them) I dont think I can //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

To the guy wanting to do the 18 - good luck. Completely feasible but not a fun task at all. I looked into it, you should have about 44^ ft, going off very very simple measurements if you walled off the truck altogether, so with just that seat taken out, if you build from the ground to the roof you should be able to sport an 18, and I'd love to see it when you're done.

i would get with jack, (kenny) he has done a nice setup in his truck using 2 alpha 12's i think he said he has an its all stock looking, kenny if you see this post post some pics up of your setup for this guy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.