19 f150 component speaker upgrade questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

JoeBlow5150

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey there. Got a set of 6.5 components to upgrade my f150 stock speakers (front doors and tweeters). Question about the crossovers that came with.

Tweets are in the A pillars, Can/should I just simply use the supplied crossovers for the tweets only and just plug and play the 6.5's without running into the xover ? Later in the year or next year I'll add an amp but just want to install these for now.

Anything blatantly wrong with my idea ? Thank you.

The set I got were the Polk DB-6502 which came with 2 tweeters, two 6.5" mids and 2 crossovers. I already have a sub installed in the back from years ago.

No once again wrong. Some component speakers come with crossovers with them that you then take the wiring from the tweeter to the crossover and same for the 6.5" speaker therefore going passive. If he was to remove the crossover and use ones on the head unit or use a DSP then he would be going active.

See the black square items that say Polk on them? That is the crossover for the set.

Last edited:
I don’t think that you will have any issues doing it the way that you stated. I don’t know about the Polk’s in particular, but most of the time those crossovers don’t affect the midrange speakers in any way. They are really just for the tweeters.

Also, don’t pay any attention to caxyz2. He is either trolling or the biggest idiot this forum has seen in years. Probably both.

Agreed with dragon don't think you will have any issues that way. Just depends on how you want to run them passive or active. Down the line if you want to upgrade the option is there to go active with a DSP or just use your head unit if it has time alignment and so on. Lots of people end up going that route these days. More control over the components.

Polk makes some nice component sets for the money. Had a few back in the day and was always impressed with the quality and sound.

Thanks so much guys. Talked to crutchfield support with the same question and although they likely don't know everything, and sometimes, salesmen being salesmen, he did recommend the same to keep it simple for now which is what I wanted.

Down the road I may add something like a kicker key or some amp with a Dayton DSP or something. Thanks again 🍺

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...