1989 Box Caprice, 2 Hifonics Goliath 15's....Build

Donks
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CO, Ohio
I just bought a 89 box caprice its clean as hell...it has a Metallic paint job, it's dark blue but it flip flops purple when light hits it and it has the sparkles too it looks like a candy paint but it not. It has 33,000 original Miles. I Drove from Dayton, OH back home to Columbus, OH today. It runs like a pro and is great on gas. Never smoked in, No rips or anything on Interior, its in Immuculant condition. Paint job only a month or few old. The engine is a 305 it runs great. and has original alternator. Will post pics 2morrow after i clean it.

Now to the build. Ok now you guys know Box caprice trunks are huge and have lots of space. My Trunk is huge..now with that said, I have 2 New Hifonics Goliath 15's they are 2400w RMS, 4800w MAX a piece. I dont have a Box for them I want to get one made especially made for my trunk. Dont gotta be Nuthin Fancy like Fiberglass or glass or plexiglass...although that would be sweet. I want these 15's to slap....i dont know what kinda box should i get made (like ported or sealed) I prefer Loudness over SQ. like Cubic ft and all that and Ports, and Tuned...let me know what you guys think would do me nice.

Also I want to put about 2.5-3k rms to them for the moment untill i upgrade. I do not want to get another alternator or nuthin like that. I wanted to get a big battery somethin like a Optima, Batcap, Kenitic....etc, but i dont know if my alternator can stand that much power...idk let me know guys...im new to this part.

7 cubes NET @35hz with 70-90 square inches of port...

Need a box, I live in Cincy and build boxes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

nG

He's a h00d ninja... that's what they refer to them as... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
nG
Thanks for the clarification. Would i be correct in calling my Sebring convertible an "oval"? its more oval then boxy.

I have an 85 Fleetwood which is the exact same trunk as a Box Chevy. To do 15s right and go 7-8 cuft in a regular rectangle enclosure, you would have to do sup up/port back for best results. I have had two of these Cadi's as well as an 88 box chevy a few years back, and in the Chevy I had 3 JL W0 15s that sounded like ish until I put them in sub up/port back.

Those trunks have a messed up slant to them that seems to choke off sound if the subs face back in a large enclosure. I had the best results with 12s in those cars though as well as my Lac, but I just can't seem to make myself actually invest in anything smaller than a 15.

I have an 85 Fleetwood which is the exact same trunk as a Box Chevy. To do 15s right and go 7-8 cuft in a regular rectangle enclosure, you would have to do sup up/port back for best results. I have had two of these Cadi's as well as an 88 box chevy a few years back, and in the Chevy I had 3 JL W0 15s that sounded like ish until I put them in sub up/port back.
Those trunks have a messed up slant to them that seems to choke off sound if the subs face back in a large enclosure. I had the best results with 12s in those cars though as well as my Lac, but I just can't seem to make myself actually invest in anything smaller than a 15.
i had a 90 Caprice with 4 12's in 8 cubes, no problems, facing back

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.