04 F-150 Build Log

Participant count
  • Participant list

clubcar13
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hello,

I just recently started my new system in my 2004 Ford f-150 lariat 5.4l v8 supercrew. The reason I went with the 2 kicker 10s was because I wanted something that you wouldnt be able to see. I found the box that is made for the kickers on craigslist and the guys house was within walking distance from mine ironically lol. If they do not sound as good as I want them to sound, they are getting sold and I am going to get a 15" FI sub(undecided on which one) and I am sure I will be happy as I was perfectly happy with my 15" kicker cvr that broke.

Here is whats in the truck:

Head Unit: Pioneer Avic-d3

Front Components: Cadence CWM-6KIT(Amazing component speakers!)

Rear Speakers: Kicker ds680 6x8 which are hooked up to the speaker amp as well as the components

Speaker Amp: Kicker 4 channel amplifier

Sub Amp: Hifonics TXI1008d

Subs: 2 Kicker CVR 10 4 ohm(07cvr104)

Box: Under The Rear Seat Custom made box that has double 3/4" MDF and is Downfiring!

Wiring: Knukonceptz 4 gauge wiring going to sub amp and kicker hyperflex 8 gauge going to the speaker amp

Do not be offended by the crappy duct tape covering the holes on the doors. I had to cut holes just so the components would fit because my truck was made for 6x8s. What do you guys think I should use to cover the holes instead of the duct tape. The duct tape is just temporary!!!!!!!

The hifonics TXI1008d was just ordered today from sonic electronix which is why the sub box is not in the truck yet. The system will be finished once this amp comes!

Do you guys think this will be louder than when I had a kicker cvr 15 in a sealed box running off my orion 1200d at 1 ohm?

Here are the pics

This is my pioneer avic-d3. I have had it for a few months now and I love this thing.

P1010006.jpg

Sub box custom made to downfire underneath my rear seats. If these do not sound like I want them to, out they are and a 15" FI sub will replace them and I will loose a seat... oh well.

P7180001.jpg

Cadence 6.5" Components. Please ignore the duct tape as this is just temporary until I find something to cover the holes I had to cut in the doors to make them fit in there.

P1010005.jpg

Knukonceptz 4 gauge KLMX wire that will be going to my TXI1008d amp that I just ordered today and will hopefully get soon!!

P7180002.jpg

I do not have a pic of the speaker amp because it is mounted behind the rear seat and my hifonics amp will be mounted back there as well so I will take pics when I get it.

Alright guys thats all the pics I have. Please let me know what you would change and what you like/dislike.

Thanks,

Mike

i got an 06.
wall it!!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
LOL how am I gonna explain that to my dad.... He flipped when I took apart the whole truck for my system when he bought it for me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.