How much per hour

Unless it's a close friend and/or you don't mind doing it for free I'd charge. If you're putting in your time and utilizing your skills you should be getting paid to do so, especially if it's something he's interested in.

If you're looking for a comparable service and trying to find out what such an install would go for, I can't help you there; I'm just a novice hobbyist. If you have a guess how long it'd take you can negotiate a flat fee. Figure out what your time is worth to you and come up with a fair price.

Do people charge for installs/custom work? Local guy likes my tablet with digital dac setup and wants me to do an install for him in his yukon.
If you dont do it for a living, I would not charge that much. maybe a couple bucks or gear or dinner ect.

If its fiberglass id do cost of materials plus 50minimum and thats an easy small piece. But for a dash I would say no more than 120 unless that includes some expensive parts ie the gauges

of course people charge, unless its a good friend or a girl you want to bang
oh man college days, good sh*t lol.

and to the OP. i'd account the materials in first and just do a flat fee, start at a decent price and work it down until they agree to it. You never know, people might cash out bundles of money for installs. Unless this guy's a pretty close buddy i'd charge him a fair price at least.

oh man college days, good sh*t lol.

and to the OP. i'd account the materials in first and just do a flat fee, start at a decent price and work it down until they agree to it. You never know, people might cash out bundles of money for installs. Unless this guy's a pretty close buddy i'd charge him a fair price at least.
Just met the guy. He bought a woofer from me and asked to see my system. He wants me to do a tablet install for him, would require dremel and fiberglass work. He also wanted a ported box for three subs with plexi to show off each magnet. Sub's up port back and an amp rack. Is pretty much be doing the entire install for him. Will include Bluetooth obd2 for gauges in tablet line controller from external DAC, and wrapping of the box.

Its a good couple of days worth of work between school and work.

All fabrication costs are different and it's because skill levels are different. Two people can properly install an amp, but the way they do it can be the difference between an hour and 4 hours. Some people take out the entire interior, lock all wires down, etc.. others do it the quick way. The way you place ring terminals on wires, from jump crimping, to crimp and solder can be the difference in 30 seconds to 5 minutes.

With that said, if you want to find a reasonable way to gauge prices, just call some local shops and ask for a general quote on the things he wants done. From there, figure out what you find as fair for what you plan to do. I'd say add up the cost of materials, the cost to go get the materials/order them, then a hourly rate on top of that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.