0 ohm load possible?

You are a fvcking moron.. stop posting about what you do not know...
I don't understand how I was incorrect? Please explain.

Also, name a instance in which A-0 has been reached, you idiot.

Thats right you can't, NOBODY has achieved A-0.

I'm going to post a link to help here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_zero

Absolute zero has not been reached and cannot since it is an average temperature when taken and while some molecules may reach the point of no kinetic energy, molecules around will be moving and there fore the average will always be above 0. The coldest in nature is about 1K and coldest in a lab is 1 * 10^-10 K.

Haunz, stop posting what you don't know about. Don't try to make points if you haven't at least done your research. It only gets you flamed.

Absolute 0 has never been reached. The closest has been a a few ten thousandths above A-0. This was done in an attempt to create a new form of matter called "Abode Einstein Condensate"

Light actually slows down when passing through this material.

And just as an FYI, superconductors operate in extremely low temps with extremely low resistances, but 0 ohms is impossible to create with matter. Any time electrons pass from molecule to molecule there is an inherent loss.

Absolute 0 has never been reached. The closest has been a a few ten thousandths above A-0. This was done in an attempt to create a new form of matter called "Abode Einstein Condensate"Light actually slows down when passing through this material.

And just as an FYI, superconductors operate in extremely low temps with extremely low resistances, but 0 ohms is impossible to create with matter. Any time electrons pass from molecule to molecule there is an inherent loss.

Man your full of great information and knowledge!

Could this inherent loss you talk about be analogous to impedence rise? Maybe my thinking is off but I figured I would ask.

Man your full of great information and knowledge!
Could this inherent loss you talk about be analogous to impedence rise? Maybe my thinking is off but I figured I would ask.

The loss is related to impedance of course.

But if by "impedance rise" you mean the the actually resistance of a driver while moving in a given enclosure. Then that is something totally different.

That has to do with air pressure resistance on the suspension of the drivers.

I'm going to post a link to help here.
Absolute zero has not been reached and cannot since it is an average temperature when taken and while some molecules may reach the point of no kinetic energy, molecules around will be moving and there fore the average will always be above 0. The coldest in nature is about 1K and coldest in a lab is 1 * 10^-10 K.

Haunz, stop posting what you don't know about. Don't try to make points if you haven't at least done your research. It only gets you flamed.
My bad.. .00000001 degrees Kelvin has been reached in a lab and cooler temperatures are possible.. once protons stop moving you are esentially at zero kelvin, my main point being that is has nothing to do with the electrons...

The loss is related to impedance of course.
But if by "impedance rise" you mean the the actually resistance of a driver while moving in a given enclosure. Then that is something totally different.

That has to do with air pressure resistance on the suspension of the drivers.

OK, I understand what you mean. I was just curious as to if the "Any time electrons pass from molecule to molecule there is an inherent loss" comment was comparable to impedance rise in a box, yes.

The idea I was taking from the electron movement is that the heat and energy creation/dispersion from the passing from molecule to molecule is causing the loss. That's why I asked.

OK, I understand what you mean. I was just curious as to if the "Any time electrons pass from molecule to molecule there is an inherent loss" comment was comparable to impedance rise in a box, yes.
The idea I was taking from the electron movement is that the heat and energy creation/dispersion from the passing from molecule to molecule is causing the loss. That's why I asked.
You are touching on something that does make sense here.

When current passes through a wire, it will heat up. This heat actually raises the impedance of the wire. Though it may be a minute amount and if proper gauge wire is used, an immeasurable amount.

Now when a driver moves, the movement as well as the passing current create great amounts of heat. This can greatly increase the resistance of a voice coil.

For SPL competition, a few have used Nitrous Oxide and a few other chemicals to spray the motors of the subs while playing to lomit this rise in impedance from heat.

Now the DD 99z does not have a big issue with this since the motor is completely open to the air.

But air resistance is the main culprit when talking impedance rise.

You are touching on something that does make sense here.
When current passes through a wire, it will heat up. This heat actually raises the impedance of the wire. Though it may be a minute amount and if proper gauge wire is used, an immeasurable amount.

Now when a driver moves, the movement as well as the passing current create great amounts of heat. This can greatly increase the resistance of a voice coil.

For SPL competition, a few have used Nitrous Oxide and a few other chemicals to spray the motors of the subs while playing to lomit this rise in impedance from heat.

Now the DD 99z does not have a big issue with this since the motor is completely open to the air.

But air resistance is the main culprit when talking impedance rise.
Gotcha bro'hem! Thanks for the Education and information.

Some of you are not getting it... by definition a superconductor is a 'superconductor' when it has exactly zero resistance... and electrons can pass from one outer orbital to another with zero loss in energy...

Also, Plank was the first to demonstrate that our universe is quantized.. that means by definition there is a limit to absolute zero...

sorry kids but wikipedia is hardly the definitive resource on these topics

I'm just trying to learn a few things, not going for a degree. I didn't use Wiki and just wanted to raise some curious questions. I don't know ALL these things, I'm in Marketing by trade so...

Some of you are not getting it yet... by definition a superconductor is a 'superconductor' when it has exactly zero resistance... and electrons can pass from one outer orbital to another with zero loss in energy...

Also, Plank was the first to demonstarte that our universe is quantized.. that means by definition there is a limit to absolute zero...

sorry kids but wikipedia is hardly the definitive resource on these topics

I've been able to achieve 0 ohms..... twas a dead coil, not blown, but dead. The sub was a dual 2 and was wired in parallel for a 1 ohm load and worked fine. Went to sell it to someone who was going to run in series at 4 ohms and it wouldn't work. Turned out one of the coils was dead. Other than that, I don't see any way how a fully functioning sub will ever be wired at 0 ohms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.