Changing out woofers?

efm80
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
was wondering if you guys think by just changing out your subs and leaving all else the same (amps, power, box, ect...) you can notice an increase in bass. Like I was thinking of swapping my 2 DVC 4ohm 12"Infinity Perfect's with 2 12"W6v2 which are dvc 4ohm. Would I notice more bass with the W6's??? or better sound?? nothing???

eddie

swap them infinitys with 2 type rs or 2 cvx kickers and you should notice a large change in out put and you will find that some song sound better than they did on the original setup,and sum worse.as long as the box is ported you will hear a difference.Ive had 4 different subs in my box and they all were good to great,but yes a difference in them all.go with a higher output sub like a cvx and youll slam hard with some decent sound quality.go with type rs ported and youll hear a huge out put difference.oh in my swithcouts i did 1 15 audioque,then 1 memphis mojo...huge output gain here,then a mach 5 audio 15,not so much output but great quality,now just today,a kicker 15 in L5 IN THAT SAME USED UP BOX.Still breaking it in but it should be a better spl output than quality.the mach 5 had that.

swap them infinitys with 2 type rs or 2 cvx kickers and you should notice a large change in out put and you will find that some song sound better than they did on the original setup,and sum worse.as long as the box is ported you will hear a difference.Ive had 4 different subs in my box and they all were good to great,but yes a difference in them all.go with a higher output sub like a cvx and youll slam hard with some decent sound quality.go with type rs ported and youll hear a huge out put difference.oh in my swithcouts i did 1 15 audioque,then 1 memphis mojo...huge output gain here,then a mach 5 audio 15,not so much output but great quality,now just today,a kicker 15 in L5 IN THAT SAME USED UP BOX.Still breaking it in but it should be a better spl output than quality.the mach 5 had that.

tell me how u got a square l5 in a circular cutout box?

If he is looking for a replacement for Infinity subs, don't send him after Kickers or Alpines. A w6v2 is a very clean sub, but expensive to buy. I would keep your Infinity set, but research a different box design that suits you well, and one that gives exactly what you need in terms of space, sound output, and usable range.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.