0 Gauge / 1 gauge install question

Participant count
  • Participant list

DJSEVEN
10+ year member

OK,

so I bought a so called 0 gauge amp kit on ebay ($50 bucks not). Not a bad kit, but deffinitly not 0 gauge...its actually a 1 gauge.

So I bought some wire at a local welding shop (for $60 again not bad) but it is the same as the amp kit i bought - 1 gauge!!!!!

SO, of course is seen a real 0 gauge kit at my local flea market and i want to kick my self because I am impatient!! But any way, $110 dollars in i want to use this wire!!

so my question is (sorry I am rambling here)

Would it be a waste or a good idea to run both 1 gauge wires from my battery up in front to my amp in back??

OR will it not work as good as 1 straight solid wire????

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

(oh I am running a Crunch 3000-DPRO, 1 12 robotic underground (neo motor) and 1 kinetic 1400 battery up front!!

Thanks for Reading and thanks for any help i can get!!!!!

It wouldn't be a waste, but it might be slightly overkill. If you already have it, go for it.

btw, that amp is power hungry and your going to need at least one more big batt (a good alternator wouldn't hurt either)

Yeah, honestly you shouldn't even run that amp until you upgrade your electrical...it does not like low voltage...trust me I know >_>

REally? Oops I have running it for almost a year now.

What is weird is on my last car I had a Huge Odessey Bat and no dimming or anything...and now everthing is dimming and Clipping hard!!

So you suggest another bat?

where is a good place for an alternator?

I never upgraded an alternator, would i need to modify my car electrical for a special one?

its a small car 2000 hyundai Accent Hatch..

lol, contact Rob at DC Power, he's a good guy and makes good alts.

And no you don't have to modify anything, I drive an 04 Accent and he made a nice 230A direct bolt on for me.

And idk, why I've had problems, maybe I just pushed mine too hard, but that bisch didn't like it and she smoked...

LOL

cool thanks for the info.

Any idea what #'s you were getting out of that amp?

I am putting it on a term Pro this wednesday!!

Oh, and also is yours a hatch? any ideas on box build for mine? mine is hitting way too LOW (changed from my 2000 trunk elantra)

now i have sub up port up!!!

thanks for any help.....

LOL cool thanks for the info.

Any idea what #'s you were getting out of that amp?

I am putting it on a term Pro this wednesday!!

Oh, and also is yours a hatch? any ideas on box build for mine? mine is hitting way too LOW (changed from my 2000 trunk elantra)

now i have sub up port up!!!

thanks for any help.....
No #'s, and what do you mean low? As in low frequencies or low volume?

Yeah I need it higher to get higher numbers . my buddy just bought 2 mics and he is throwing tons of events this spring and summer in Chicago!

Oh well, i guess i will have fun with the trial and error process again!!

Thanks your help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.