US Amps AX3200DE vs Sundown 3000D

I'd be impressed with any amp that can do 90% of it's rated power at rated impedance with impedance rise let alone unclipped power. I'd say that these amps are so close in performance just flip a coin. But Jacobs customer service may steer you in the Sundown direction.

In the SPL truck I owned for a while I had an 8v Eclipse deck but don't have any in my other vehicles at this time. Was a good deck for sure.
i never said your product was cheap perhaps i yeild less power in my test because the deck only has 4 volt preouts, or possibly because the vehicle you test it in is more electrically inclined, I personally dont see why you would take it as bashing when i have comenyted on the products that i do like. I even said brand new price per watt is best along with the 2 year warranty, so dont even take it the wrong way but im not going to say your product is as good as everyone makes it out to be in my eys the 3000d fell short on expectations, while other amps like the z1 were beyond expectations, take it as you will....

What do you guys do in order to keep imp. rise at a minimum? I've always wondered how that works, and what specifically makes one box have higher rise than another, even though you're using the same subs.

i never said your product was cheap perhaps i yeild less power in my test because the deck only has 4 volt preouts, or possibly because the vehicle you test it in is more electrically inclined, I personally dont see why you would take it as bashing when i have comenyted on the products that i do like. I even said brand new price per watt is best along with the 2 year warranty, so dont even take it the wrong way but im not going to say your product is as good as everyone makes it out to be in my eys the 3000d fell short on expectations, while other amps like the z1 were beyond expectations, take it as you will....
"the saz3000d doest even do rated power how is it proven?"

"honestly id never pay more than 500 for the sundown....."

"in my opinion the saz 3000d should have been named saz2500d"

"THE SUNDOWN 3000D IS A FILTHY *****...."

I take that as bashing the product - wouldn't you ?

Now, if you came to me and said "Hey, my 3000 isn't making as much power as I expected, any ideas?" before making the above claims that is another story. I am sure I could have helped you get better results. But the way you came off seemed like bashing to me.

It is the internet, I don't personally know you and can't see your expression - nor can the other members. I regret if we misunderstood each other.

"the saz3000d doest even do rated power how is it proven?"
"honestly id never pay more than 500 for the sundown....."

"in my opinion the saz 3000d should have been named saz2500d"

"THE SUNDOWN 3000D IS A FILTHY *****...."

I take that as bashing the product - wouldn't you ?

Now, if you came to me and said "Hey, my 3000 isn't making as much power as I expected, any ideas?" before making the above claims that is another story. I am sure I could have helped you get better results. But the way you came off seemed like bashing to me.

It is the internet, I don't personally know you and can't see your expression - nor can the other members. I regret if we misunderstood each other.
i ment used for that quote... brand new well worth the money and warranty:)

hat way it would be more impresive like the 1500d... more conservative...to me less with more is better;)

so when some one has an outrageus claim that teh amp does 7k you all into it but when a person has a reasonable claim that its a tad over rated all of a sudden its a sin.....

so in my situation in my test its just absolutely absured that the amp deosnt do rated power in a normal to slightly modified scenerio, as in 2 batts and a single ho alt, with a pioneer deck.....strange, while i do the exact same test to other amps you make and they perform fine even did it to a pair of strapped 1500ds at 1 ohm each, and they produced more than the 3000d.....considerably more actually.... my claims that the 3000d in my tests show it to be as much as 300 wats off is just ridiculas and not possible unless i were doing something wrong rite....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

to me short of running the amp at 16 volts im not gonna see how itll do 3000 watts unclipped, @1 om im sorry...

i will totally recoemdn a person in the mzrket for a new amp to sundown, 2 year warranty and price per watt again best around, i prefer to hae the amp more conservativelyrated like the 1500d (actaully 1800 watts) rather than it barely doing if at all possible rated ower under "normal" voltage of 13v....

Wrong.
One guy running Sundown had ONE amp with a problem at finals - not two. Out of SIXTEEN amplifiers he had in the car.

db-R described above what happened to it - likely because he had blown several subs all to hell using the amp. Either way - its the only amp either I or dB-r has seen with the inductors burnt like that. For that matter, keeping with our reputation, we replaced the amp for him.

And let me guess... that guy was from Canada ? There is a group of guys up there that have been bashing Sundown from the beginning.
Yes he was.

I also chatted with a guy from CanadianCarAudio forum in Ontario, and he said Sundown was chinese made junk that is severly over-rated.. etc. he had a whole speel on how bad sundown amps are.

I know though, for me, I can't afford to buy an amp to try it to see if I like it, and nobody I know within my city has anything like a SAZ-3000D or something else, everbody has low power mainstream systems. I can only go on reviews and online talk on the amp.. whatever I choose.

Yes he was.I also chatted with a guy from CanadianCarAudio forum in Ontario, and he said Sundown was chinese made junk that is severly over-rated.. etc. he had a whole speel on how bad sundown amps are.

I know though, for me, I can't afford to buy an amp to try it to see if I like it, and nobody I know within my city has anything like a SAZ-3000D or something else, everbody has low power mainstream systems. I can only go on reviews and online talk on the amp.. whatever I choose.
Those Canadian guys seem to (not all, just seems like a certain group) have a huge problem with me and my company for no apparent reason. Not sure what their deal is.

i ment used for that quote... brand new well worth the money and warranty:)
hat way it would be more impresive like the 1500d... more conservative...to me less with more is better;)

so when some one has an outrageus claim that teh amp does 7k you all into it but when a person has a reasonable claim that its a tad over rated all of a sudden its a sin.....

so in my situation in my test its just absolutely absured that the amp deosnt do rated power in a normal to slightly modified scenerio, as in 2 batts and a single ho alt, with a pioneer deck.....strange, while i do the exact same test to other amps you make and they perform fine even did it to a pair of strapped 1500ds at 1 ohm each, and they produced more than the 3000d.....considerably more actually.... my claims that the 3000d in my tests show it to be as much as 300 wats off is just ridiculas and not possible unless i were doing something wrong rite....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
The 3000 is a completely different design than any of my other amps - seems to like a higher voltage input. Notice the 3000D is an all N-Channel amp and the 1500D is an N/P - they work quite a bit differently. dB-R could expand on that I'm sure.

Like I said - I saw a hair over 3000 on the same style hand-held scope as you on a 3000D on a 12v system. Seems the difference is in the pre-outs. Could be something for you to try out - and something I could have suggested to you.

But in any event - I am not going to continue to argue with you about it, its is a waste of time on both of our parts and I am sure that you as well as I have better things to do.

Ahh the ignorance will never end. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
how is it ignorant he just claimed himself he saw a hair over 3000 on a 12volt system, and the difference was 8 volt input, something most people dont have, so on a regualr system that hs a regualr pioneer or alpine deck with low voltage you unlikely to see 3000 watts unless you have a line driver and even at that itll be barely above, fluctating from amp to amp, he is rite and i am rite, how is that ignorant, your comment was ignorant.......

Jacob definitely wasn't confirming your claims just stating one of many possible reasons. YOU are the only one who seems to have this problem with not getting full power. I believe that narrows it all down right there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.