Build log for 1996 Lumina LS- The Blue Fury

that terminal end Idea is awesome!

I hate spending so much on a little pice of copper.

Ive got pipe cutting and flaring tools here at home, and rewiring my car next week, so this is going to be very handy

Thanks for that idea

Build looks nice, lots of one off ideas here (to me anyways)

nice build
I have an 06 impala and did a 4th order bandpass box thru the rear seat. I had an arm rest tho so it was easier for me
Ya It would have saved me a lot of time if I had a fold down section.

that terminal end Idea is awesome!I hate spending so much on a little pice of copper.

Ive got pipe cutting and flaring tools here at home, and rewiring my car next week, so this is going to be very handy

Thanks for that idea

Build looks nice, lots of one off ideas here (to me anyways)

Thanks mang. Use whatever ideas you like.

I just sanded everything down and did a test fit. Everything fits great and that interior piece no longer rubs. The glove box can fully open too. But I found a couple bubbles between layers that I'm going to fill before I set the last layers. Plus I haven't eaten yet and I'm really craving some burgers and Rallys fries.

Final touch-ups with resin

PIC-0408.jpg

PIC-0409.jpg

Lots of bondo for the first time, hopefully I'll use less on the next door.

PIC-0410.jpg

A before and after (pre-carpet)

PIC-0412.jpg

Looking good man. I can't wait to finish mine and do my build log!
Thanks I'll be looking out for it

On another note, I don't plan on taking a lot of pictures of the progress of the second door because obviously it'll just mirror the first. So the soonest I think the next pic will come is next week. Today is my last day to work on it before then.

looks good dude great job
man you are one creative mother$%#%@! lol.
absolutely love the fuse holders.
haha thanks guys

Oh what the hell, 1 pic of the latest progress.

PIC-0413.jpg

Main base: 1 layer of fabric, 3 layers of fg mat yesterday

Mid: 1 layer of fg cloth

8": 1 layer of fabric

I'm too tired to wait for the resin to dry on the rings so that's all for a couple days. I'm going to the beach tomorrow.

These pictures don't really show how much better and more smooth this one is coming out. It's almost all thanks to a new 4" grinder (with a sanding wheel I got for it) my dad got that came with a hammer drill he bought. It gets the job done in like 1/6th of the time that the 3" air grinder and orbital sander takes. But hopefully the orbital sander doesn't poop out on me during the bondo stage tomorrow.. it started to run roughly and slow way down even though there's only one speed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif The grinder is too much for finer sanding and I don't wanna take 89 days by sanding by hand.

PIC-0422.jpg

PIC-0421.jpg

Ok now I need some opinions. I WILL carpet these door panels but I want to do these and the back doors as well as the rear deck. The sun has caused the carpet on the deck to wear off and look like hell. I only have enough nice carpet that is similar to the old to redo the doors but not for the carpet, so where is a good online store to buy carpet by the yard? I did a quick search on google but didn't find what I was looking for.

It needs to be that kind of medium to tall hairy carpet with strands that stick up like the soft side of velcro, not woven and gray-dark gray.

Thanks for the help

Started on the tweeters. I listened to them right next to the mids but I liked them up on the sails a little better. Maybe tomorrow or Thursday is when I'll finish the resin stage.

PIC-0426.jpg

PIC-0423.jpg

PIC-0424.jpg

PIC-0425.jpg

PIC-0427.jpg

I found the style of carpet: 807 dark gray cutpile. I contacted metro carpet just now but if anyone else knows where I can get a few yard of this for cheap, let me know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.