Build log for 1996 Lumina LS- The Blue Fury

Blue Fury
10+ year member

Quagmire's Chin
My car is a 1996 Chevy Lumina LS and is my daily driver. Everything is pretty much stock except for a few things-

Excessive Amperage 200A alt

Big 3 0g

Optima yellowtop in front

Northstar NSB 90

0g front to back

As of a couple days ago I had a budget stereo. RF power 5 1/4 and 6x9 coaxials in the stock locations. A visonik 240xt to power them. I have 2 but only run 1 10" RF power HX2 sub in a 1.75 @33hz off of a DUB8001 amp. My HU is a premier p490ib with my 2G nano connected to it. But right now, I replaced the DUB amp with an RF T10001bd and gave my 6x9's away. Nothing looks really nice because its still temporary.. as in many wires aren't in their final locations, etc.

There will be a few possible sections to this build log.

Seat Screening

Sub Box

Amp Rack

Glassing the Doors

This wont be done until maybe early spring of 09 because of slow income and not much free time. Not to mention certain products aren't available yet.

And now.... Seat screening! I got this idea from Thumpper and changed it a little bit.

PIC-0184.jpg

PIC-0185.jpg

A blue blanket to hide everything the next couple days I wont have a back seat. I thought it fit nicely.

PIC-0186.jpg

Unmodified

PIC-0187.jpg

Screen color comparison... not perfect but close enough.

PIC-0188.jpg

Target area

PIC-0189.jpg

PIC-0190.jpg

PIC-0191.jpg

PIC-0192.jpg

Knife time

A couple more pictures of the car itself. The project is on hold for a couple hours because I gotta start working on my Halloween costume.

PIC-0199.jpg

The dirty blue fury. Living in the country on a grapevine ranch makes for a never ending battle. I gave up cleaning my car because it would get this dirty less than a week later.

PIC-0198.jpg

Flames make it faster.

PIC-0200.jpg

My hu/iPod holder

PIC-0201.jpg

PIC-0202.jpg

It was really easy to make.

Not much progress made on the screening except for that I undid all the screen and replaced it with mesh. Ive been busy with finals and other projects, not to mention I bent or broke all the needles I was using so this has been on hold.

PIC-0238.jpg

2 days ago I started the box. Its a 6th order tuned to 33 and 63hz designed by Jud (Fallen) Thanks again man. This is as far as I got:

Before I started I had to make a sandwich.. polska kielbasa, colby jack, butter, bbq sauce, honey, and tobasco sauce on a 2 foot french baguette baked then broiled. But next time, double meant and double cheese.

PIC-0219.jpg

The sub is my other hx2 10"

PIC-0228.jpg

PIC-0220.jpg

Just tilt your head to the right Im too lazy to actually rotate the pic

PIC-0221.jpg

PIC-0222.jpg

PIC-0223.jpg

PIC-0224.jpg

PIC-0225.jpg

Still no jig for the router, gotta do it the long way but it came out great.

PIC-0226.jpg

That is a really nice box.

Amazingly efficient.

6th order I assume

edit: I totally missed the specs too.

to max... they're above the sandwich picture.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.