Build log for 1996 Lumina LS- The Blue Fury

Everything is hooked up. After the auto TA and EQ was set, the vocals and higher sounds sounded as if they originated right in front of the steering wheel //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I'm so happy that it's in but I'm still not done. The to-do list includes:

-set the gains *right now they're easily lower than their proper level, especially the mids

-eliminate the hiss coming from the tweeters as best as I can

-put the sub setup back in

-finish the door panels/tweeter mounts with bondo and carpet next month ($$)

-clean up the garage and room

-do something with the old ipod holder

-hide the newly added auxiliary cable

then fix the broken sub and make a box for the both of them once I have some money to spend

I'll try to remember to take a picture or two tomorrow of the doors.

Here it is without carpet from driver point of view.

PIC-0438.jpg

PIC-0437.jpg

double post. Anyway, Im having RCA problems.. scratchy signal. It was fine on the ride home but when I started switching the inputs around to make room for the sub, it made everything scratchy. Any ideas?

Well something ELSE happened that I have to fix..

I realized that just before I put the sub back in I changed the ipod EQ from 'off' to 'bass reducer' so I turned it back to 'off'. BIG difference. Anyway, I was driving and turned it up for 'a millie' (about 53hz for the bassline) and about a second later, my rear view mirror fell off. A chunk of glass is missing on the windshield where it used to be. haha GREAT.

I never thought that would happen with just my one 10". I may just try to get metered for the hell of it.

Well something ELSE happened that I have to fix..

I realized that just before I put the sub back in I changed the ipod EQ from 'off' to 'bass reducer' so I turned it back to 'off'. BIG difference. Anyway, I was driving and turned it up for 'a millie' (about 53hz for the bassline) and about a second later, my rear view mirror fell off. A chunk of glass is missing on the windshield where it used to be. haha GREAT.

I never thought that would happen with just my one 10". I may just try to get metered for the hell of it.
Thats no fun, but I'm loving this setup. Its refreshing to see someone using the proper airspace for all of their equipment, rather than the 3 cubes per 18 and nothing for mids that is so common in this site.

Unreal work considering the budget.

Perhaps you can summarize all the equipment specs in a single post?

Everything is hooked up. After the auto TA and EQ was set, the vocals and higher sounds sounded as if they originated right in front of the steering wheel //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I'm so happy that it's in but I'm still not done. The to-do list includes:-set the gains *right now they're easily lower than their proper level, especially the mids

-eliminate the hiss coming from the tweeters as best as I can

-put the sub setup back in

-finish the door panels/tweeter mounts with bondo and carpet next month ($$)

-clean up the garage and room

-do something with the old ipod holder

-hide the newly added auxiliary cable

then fix the broken sub and make a box for the both of them once I have some money to spend

I'll try to remember to take a picture or two tomorrow of the doors.
there not suppost to be there

Just reread my post about origin of the vocals, I didn't mean actually in front of the steering wheel, I meant directional-wise. If I were to guess a point were the vocals seem to originate, it would be about a foot or 2 outside the windshield in line with the steering wheel and my eyes.

Anyway, here's what's next.

littlex.jpg

xconbox.jpg

2 12" Xcons in a ported box tuned to 31hz designed by Mobeious.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif:veryhapp://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif:veryhapp://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif:veryhapp://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif:veryhapp:

Just reread my post about origin of the vocals, I didn't mean actually in front of the steering wheel, I meant directional-wise. If I were to guess a point were the vocals seem to originate, it would be about a foot or 2 outside the windshield in line with the steering wheel and my eyes.

Anyway, here's what's next.

littlex.jpg

xconbox.jpg

2 12" Xcons in a ported box tuned to 31hz designed by Mobeious.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif:veryhapp://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif:veryhapp://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif:veryhapp://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif:veryhapp:

Sweet. When you gonna start on the box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.