Build log for 1996 Lumina LS- The Blue Fury

Installed the rest of the damplifier pro today. Took about 4 hours because it got dark and someone decided to ditch a car in the grapevines about 200 yards away and torch it. It's only about the 4th time it's happened on my street within 2 miles from my house. I suppose a quiet country street is the best place for it.

Anyway

Here's the door before application

PIC-0517.jpg

The target area was the outer shell. I abandoned my initial goal for 60% coverage when I heard a wonderful stereo in a brand new Shelby Mustang at Audio Innovations because they told me that there was a ****load of deadening in each front door. So I used all of what I had on my front doors.

PIC-0518.jpg

I started with the small cuts left over from when I did the trunk lid. Only the passenger side looks like a Picasso painting, the driver door is almost total coverage with large squares of damp with very few little cuts.

PIC-0519.jpg

After I covered what I could reach on the outer shell, I covered the key areas on the inner metal. A little more tricky, but still easy.

PIC-0520.jpg

Here is where I remember applying the damplifier pro on the reverse side of the inside metal. I didn't put it on the outside because I didn't want to completely remove the plastic lining because the glue that holds it in place is a real pain to work with.

insidecoverage.jpg

I can't give a review on it yet because I've removed the fiberglass panels that hold the speakers to finish smoothing them out and to have them carpeted next week- my last week of vacation. When I get the panels back, I'll put them in and give a review.

Going to change the carpet. I took my panels to Audio Innovations to have them put on the Velour but they showed me how many stitch lines there would be, so it's all going to be redone in regular gray stretch carpet. Tweeter pods, door panels, back doors, rear deck and the [hopefully] upcoming cup holder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.