Build log for 1996 Lumina LS- The Blue Fury

nice build, I bought a 95' lumina for $500 for a winter beater, its really nice, all it needed was brake pads. I'm going to steal your ipod holder thing because on mine their isn't a bottom piece to even hold a cup, it would just fall right through.

prolly put 2 DC level 3's in there in about 4ft ~35hz idk how hard the box will be to get in with that hump in the middle.

Theyre pretty much finished. All I have to to is drill the pilot hole in the 4 corners of each for the anchor screws. Once that is done, 2 more magnets right above the screws to attrack each other for a total of 16 magnets per block.

PIC-0381.jpg

PIC-0376.jpg

PIC-0378.jpg

PIC-0377.jpg

Next on the list is to replace most of the 0g wire with 4/0. Then put in the other 2 amps and test locations for the front speakers. Here is what Im thinking but not absolute.

PIC-0372.jpg

(middle seat perspective)

These are pics of all main power and ground wires replaced with 4/0g.

PIC-0383.jpg

PIC-0384.jpg

PIC-0385.jpg

PIC-0386.jpg

PIC-0387.jpg

Ok remember that cup I made for the midrange? I couple months ago I got a hold of the company to see what they recommend for airspace in a sealed enclosure for my frequency range. They did not tell me displacement tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif . So I had to find it myself using the water method.

With that, I'll be using these temporary boxes to make sure of the positioning. They are 1.5L net, 1.8L total with internal dimensions of 5.25"l x 5.25"w x 4"h. btw, the top wasn't glued on in this pic.. that's why it looks crooked in the top right corner haha

PIC-0390.jpg

man; 4/0; i put 2/0 in my car for the big3; i thought it looked like garden hose; but 4/0 looks like fire hose; o and i like the ducttape holding the mdf rings up; classy

man; 4/0; i put 2/0 in my car for the big3; i thought it looked like garden hose; but 4/0 looks like fire hose; o and i like the ducttape holding the mdf rings up; classy
haha Ya it was almost unmanageable. And duct tape works great as a 2nd/3rd/4th set of hands haha

killer build man!
Thank you! I appreciate the input

Finished the base layer of the front passenger door. Next is the midbass layer, then the midrange layer. I'm not doing them both at the same time because the midrange needs its own airspace to follow tang band's recommendation. Btw those are hex screws and short cylinders of wood glassed in there.

PIC-0392.jpg

PIC-0393.jpg

PIC-0394.jpg

PIC-0395.jpg

PIC-0396.jpg

Now Im waiting to ask a friend to come over sometime this week to use as a second set of hands to position the midbass while I hot glue the support dowels to the ring and base.

Just read through this all. I just moved into a place with a garage and was planning on making my own head unit mount into the dash out of MDF, but builds like this dwarf what I was planning on doing.

Great job im looking forward to continue reading. Im a jigsaw man too.

Got the 8" ring in. It barely rubs against the bottom of an interior piece so I'll have to grind that 1" section of the ring down.. Nothing major.

PIC-0398.jpg

PIC-0399.jpg

PIC-0397.jpg

I ended up making new adjustable rings for the mids. They took forever to make using the jigsaw.. again.

PIC-0400.jpg

1.2 Liters of clay with .6 liters of styrofoam inside for the correct fb.

PIC-0401.jpg

This will be near the shape of the actual enclosure for it. It may change a bit, but I'll probably end up keeping it and add the layers tonight.

PIC-0402.jpg

View from right

PIC-0403.jpg

View from bottom

PIC-0404.jpg

View from left

PIC-0405.jpg

A few layers later, its starting to come together

PIC-0406.jpg

PIC-0407.jpg

I just put some kitty hair on the inside of the mold in the small area between the ring and outer layers. Tomorrow I'll sand this portion down and grind any excess off the entire thing. After that, I'll start on the final aesthetic layers.

nice build

I have an 06 impala and did a 4th order bandpass box thru the rear seat. I had an arm rest tho so it was easier for me

rear seat folded down

0708092059.jpg

back of rear seat

0708092100-1.jpg

arm rest folded down port fires thru the black area

0708092102.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.