Build log for 1996 Lumina LS- The Blue Fury

Yes it's on concrete, but only for like 15 minutes to hold the material until the glue got tacky.

PIC-0354.jpg

2.5 bottles of silicone to bond the top to the mold

PIC-0355.jpg

0.5 bottle for the low spots

PIC-0356.jpg

It's still drying in my car.. fumes from the silicone and all!

While that was drying, I started making some terminals. The cheapest price online was like 1.80 for 1. There were bulk deals, but I don't need 100 of them. I made 31 in all- +9/16" inner diameter, 1 7/8" length, flared end. I was bored so I made like 4 kinds. The one on the very right is a mix of the left and middle one. Haha again, I was bored.

PIC-0357.jpg

PIC-0358.jpg

PIC-0359.jpg

Test shows it fits like a glove!

I forgot to mention that I plan on rounding off those corners on the terminals when I drill the holes, but I'm tired now.

im love n this build bro! looks really nice! im sorry if i cant read but what is that 6th order tuned to?

edit:

reading > me

sry noticed it was 33 hz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif nice will sound great bro!

What did you use to flair the ends? That's a great idea you had there.
Shallow sloped with a flat tie end plumb bob. Before I while each piece was still a full cylinder, I gave it a couple taps on the plumb with a hammer.

I need to buy 2 suction handles still to get the batteries out of the mold, but tonight I should finish that part.

How'd the cut in the back seat do. Im think about doing that, or either taking my rear speakers out to get more air into the car.
There wasn't a huge difference and I never finished it, I should now that I have a lot of free time. Just not a lot of motivation to sew an inch per hour.

nice job so far but why did you cover that sub why not show it off with some plexiglass
A) It would be super expensive for a piece that big. This is still a budget build

B) I'm definitely not a flashy glitzy kind of person. This is a time where I prefer function over form.

Finally got the fuse blocks going. Now I just have to make their covers. Plus I don't think I need 6, so 1 or 2 might go in the FS section after I wire everything.

PIC-0369.jpg

PIC-0370.jpg

PIC-0371.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.