PIC-0285.jpg

PIC-0286.jpg

I did some work a week or 2 ago...

PIC-0277.jpg

PIC-0278.jpg

PIC-0276.jpg

PIC-0279.jpg

PIC-0280.jpg

I got as far as 2 layers of mat and 1 of fleece but it ended up warping during the last drying period. Wasn't really mad because I figured it would happen. BTW that's a red pipe cleaner in the shape of a guitar I got as part of a birthday gift. I just realized that in the picture it's partially blocked so it looks kinda naughty.

This time around I kept everything in the car for every layer and it's coming out way better. The cardboard isn't the final shape of the baffle, its more for positioning, getting an angle and an extra hand for the tweeter. The tube is a substitute magnet for the mid to show exactly how much clearance I have without using the speaker itself.

I just took these about a half hour ago while I was making cut lines on the fiberglass base. Only the driver one has this much progress, I'm going to do everything but wrap it in vinyl before I continue the passenger mount. They are facing the middle passenger and will angle upward towards the head.

Driver window:

PIC-0294.jpg

Driver headrest:

PIC-0292.jpg

Driver view:

PIC-0293.jpg

Middle passenger ear position:

PIC-0291.jpg

PIC-0291.jpg

Front passenger:

PIC-0295.jpg

Here's where I'd like some advice. Does the position look good so far? There isn't a whole lot I can do to change it in that location, but little suggestions still will help.

I suppose I should mention that I used cardboard because I knew I would move things around. This is one option for mounting and its not hard to figure out that it'll be pretty distracting, but it was the easiest to set up and best for imaging.

I cut the baffle down to a more realistic shape and its still big. On to option two.

thats a pretty big obstruction in your vision while driving, you could hit a small kid with your left front tire and not know it.. why not modify that baffle so the tweet and mid sit closer to the dash, looks like its 1 or 2 inches too high to me

thats a pretty big obstruction in your vision while driving, you could hit a small kid with your left front tire and not know it.. why not modify that baffle so the tweet and mid sit closer to the dash, looks like its 1 or 2 inches too high to me
The cardboard isn't the final shape of the baffle, its more for positioning, getting an angle and an extra hand for the tweeter. The tube is a substitute magnet for the mid to show exactly how much clearance I have without using the speaker itself.
It cant go much further back at all (maybe 2 mm at MOST) because the magnet on the mid is so big.

how about putting the tweeter on the other side? right between the dash and the a piller panel
That's what I planned on doing first, but there is a little heater vent right to the left of where the mid is now. I positioned the tweeter over it/next to it but it made more of an obstruction. Looking at the pictures, it looks much worse than it is. Believe me I sat in the car for about 2 hours working this out. I do know what ya mean tho.

Edit: Oh ya, another thing in my mind was to keep the 2 pointing the same way for better imaging. The main thing tho was the heater and more view blocked when they were reversed.

Its a Lumina!!! I got a 99. Its a crappy car. I like what you did with the seat screen. Is it pretty easy to do? If so, i might consider it. Get some more airflow through my car. Great build BTW.

Its a Lumina!!! I got a 99. Its a crappy car. I like what you did with the seat screen. Is it pretty easy to do? If so, i might consider it. Get some more airflow through my car. Great build BTW.
Thanks but about the seat... Hell no! I started it in November and it's just so tedious and boring that I hate to work on it. Out of 66" needed to be sewn, I've only completed 5 1/2". Thats not even including the the first try, going back and straightening it out, broken needles, and this try.

The fabric can be pulled away from the foam but its a ***** to do without cutting the carpet. If you do it I suggest building a frame and a back to the seat. There are metal rods that go through where I cut and they should be replaced with some sort of support.

brooks1.jpg

DSC02130_resize.jpg

That first picture is what I based the first position off of, but the magnet on the mid is so **** big! The next position I'll try will be inspired by the first and the second picture.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.