Gather 'round the campfire, new project is a brewin' *56k, yeah right*

Why not make the tweeters opposite on both cabinets so they look like there supposed to or was that just a mistake?
Because it doesn't matter, and I built another MTM a few weeks ago and I was having some beaming issues, whereas I built the same design with the same side offset and it wasn't there. Maybe it was just me, maybe not. Either way, it doesn't really matter. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Those look really good.... FOR ME TO POOP ON!
No, but seriously they don't look bad. I would be very interested to run some 20 to 20 tests impedance and response wise...

Oh, and the bass response should be enough with those huge ass ports you used!
I can't really make any real-time impedance measurements, but I did do some response testing even with a ****ed up cone. The off-axis response is quite decent, but there is a big peak right around 500hz where it's just far too boomy (not much at all, but since it's smooth as silk everywhere else, it's noticeable when compared to the same system). I haven't the faintest idea what is causing it, although I do suspect the x-over. I'm seriously contemplating re-doing the x-over circuit and attenuating the mids 4 dB along with the tweeter's L-pad which is already in place. I'm hoping I can knock down the response peak that way, plus, the x-overs I have in there are shittily made as you have seen.

I can't really make any real-time impedance measurements, but I did do some response testing even with a ****ed up cone. The off-axis response is quite decent, but there is a big peak right around 500hz where it's just far too boomy (not much at all, but since it's smooth as silk everywhere else, it's noticeable when compared to the same system). I haven't the faintest idea what is causing it, although I do suspect the x-over. I'm seriously contemplating re-doing the x-over circuit and attenuating the mids 4 dB along with the tweeter's L-pad which is already in place. I'm hoping I can knock down the response peak that way, plus, the x-overs I have in there are shittily made as you have seen.
With me being the lazy bastard that I am right now, what was your cross-over tuned to? AND, do you have deadening in the box? Also, that peak might just be room response..

Also, if you ship them to me I can do the testing for you with reference grade equipment //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif....

I have zero padding in right now, but I do have two sheets of egg crate. I'm going to put some in when I change out the driver. And what do you mean what's the x-over tuned to? The points you mean? I believe its 2000hz for the woofers high pass and lowest for the tweet is 2000 as well. I'm not entirely sure, my stuff is on my keyring (flash drive).

I have zero padding in right now, but I do have two sheets of egg crate. I'm going to put some in when I change out the driver. And what do you mean what's the x-over tuned to? The points you mean? I believe its 2000hz for the woofers high pass and lowest for the tweet is 2000 as well. I'm not entirely sure, my stuff is on my keyring (flash drive).
Yep that is what I ment... What types of slopes are you using also? Just curious.....

Simplicity, and after reading something on diyaudio about how 1st order is more "pure" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Simplicity, and after reading something on diyaudio about how 1st order is more "pure" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Pure my anus.... You are going to have to have a big separation in frequency other wise you are going to double over the drivers in a rather large band with will give you nice voice rang most likely but everything else will be lacking balance wise.

I personally have had good experience with 3rd order on the tweeter and 2nd order on the mid/woofer....

Like I said, I'm already considering re-doing the xover with a proper PC board to see how it turns out. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Will do. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

No, sorry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Purdue FTW!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.