Phase Test?

Participant count
  • Participant list

wvufootball
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Maryalnd
So my friend asked me to fine tune his amps and head unit for his car. He has 4 door speakers amped and a pair of rockford subs. His speakers are sounding like crap so the first thing i want to check is the phase. What is the easiest way to test it? do i just use a DMM on the speakerwire at the amp?

Wiring them all in phase only gives you a reference point to start from. If you want to actually try to tune the phase, the only thing you can do without the use of expensive processors is to try it with the wiring of the different drivers reversed. This can be a long process, and the more drivers you have the longer it could take. Take notes on what combinations you try so you don't try the same combo of relative phasing more than once.

just remember which colored wirees are pos and what are neg, hook them up accordingly......i have so many differant color wires its confusing sometimes...but mine are in phase luckily

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.