Gather 'round the campfire, new project is a brewin' *56k, yeah right*

Okay, just tried them......the tweeters don't work WTF. They work fine when given power directly, and the woofers work fine in the circuit (so I KNOW that power is going through the entire thing, otherwise it won't work), and the problem is the same in both. What the hell could be the problem? Sooo mad right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Okay, I just did some localized testing on the x-over. The power is fine at the tweeter terminal. The power is lessened at the first inductor, and then is almost non-existent at the second inductor. What the hell is causing this? Is it because the inductors are too close or what?

Use a DMM and see if you get zero ohms between input ground terminaland tweeter ground terminal on the other side of the board, looks weird.
Okay, you're going to have to explain that more because I don't know what you're asking. I measured the traces, and they measure out at .4 ohms...is that bad? The thing is, it's the same for all of them, not just the tweeter.

Nah, no more pics sorry. I had to rehost most of my pics and those guys were only stored on my CF card....which I cleared //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.