Sign in to follow this  
thigpen

Out of the loop 13 years, trying to match setup/what happened to RE?

Alright, when I got my first ride when I was 18 I did a bunch of research here before buying my setup. I ended up with 2 12" Resonant Engineering SE's with a 1200 rms RE amp powering them, which I got super cheap when we did a group order through here as a forum. I did some research just now and it doesn't really look like anyone sells the RE's anymore, even in their new SEX line, is there anyone comparable to look into/ what happened to RE? everyone on here was really high on them back in the day.

Also, i had a JL audio 300/2 amp that i used for my front component speakers. the amp actually still works great 13 years later, and I want another one, but it appears they changed their line as well. If anyone could point me to their closest current model amp with around the same rms to a pair of front components thatd be great.

I know my terminology is loose, thanks for bearing with me.

RE is old news. Get a pair of sundown SA 12s on a 2k amp and you will be happy. Don’t get a prefab box. Get a nice box made that’s like at least 2.5cubes per woofer. JL still makes nice stuff 

Id snagg up a pair of XFLs( American Bass) place those in 4.0Cu Ft minimum @32 htz -35 htz and throw a SoundQubed Mono Block those and run that JL up front(Great amp)

https://soundqubed.com/product/s1-2250/

https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/american-bass-xfl-12-inch-1000w-rms-dvc-subwoofer.html You may be able to shop around and find a much better deal on the 12s

the 10s get down in 4.0@ 32htz. Ive never had any issues with XFLs..Didnt care for the SAs 12s ive ran.Didnt get what I wanted out of them building several enclosures.Went to XFLs and never looked back for the $. Get your supply /power supply in tact for the demand and enjoy!

Edited by audiobaun

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm 12s@2.06cu Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

The founder of RE sold the company to US Amps and started a new company- Fi

giphy.gif

56 minutes ago, THATpurpleKUSH said:

The founder of RE sold the company to US Amps and started a new company- Fi

I did not know that.. Very interesting. I thought they just went completely out and shut the doors

Edited by audiobaun

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm 12s@2.06cu Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

29 minutes ago, audiobaun said:

I did not know that.. Very interesting. I thought they just went completely out and shut the doors

Yep, RE as a brand is still around though I'm not sure how much is still made in the US. This link sort of explains the story.

http://reaudio.com/info/aboutus.php

giphy.gif

After the sold deal to US Amps deal, their quality went downward quite fast. RE was the shit and everyone rode that bandwagon while it lasted. I used to run 4 10's SE series for about 7-8 yrs straight and sold them...

003.jpg

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

1 hour ago, THATpurpleKUSH said:

Yep, RE as a brand is still around though I'm not sure how much is still made in the US. This link sort of explains the story.

http://reaudio.com/info/aboutus.php

Pretty sure they're made in China now.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

46 minutes ago, Boomin_tahoe said:

Pretty sure they're made in China now.

Like most other subwoofers made today with an exception of some European / US high end gear.:crying:

id get a SSD or Q... https://ficaraudio.com

and bridge this.. http://www.jlaudio.com/300-4v3-car-audio-slash-v3-amplifiers-98351

im still running a 12" RE SE from like 2008, love it.  got an HC too that im gonna use for home theater 

Edited by nauc

Alpine 9887, Oz ME 180CS, RF R500X1D, 12" RE SE Sealed, Second Skin Damp Pro

I still have a couple 2005 RE XXX's and the original xbl^2 XXX 6.5's around here somewhere. Ah the good old days...

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

There are some brands that are still in the same avenue that RE used to be.  Hint hint.

CarAudio.com mod(original)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this