Sign in to follow this  
gmpisawresome

Hissing coming from amp even with no RCA input

I'm finally at the end of my build, and while everything is installed correctly, I still have a high pitched hiss coming from the tweeters. The speakers are morel Maximo 6 hooked up to a Kenwood kac-304 bridged @4 ohm. The RCA is hooked up to a Kenwood ddx9903s. Even when the RCA is unplugged, I still get a hissing noise from my amp. From about 0-75% gain the noise is the same but above 75 it starts to get louder; I have my gain on ~50%. I have a good ground I think, and even hooked the amp straight to the battery to test and it still hissed. Any ideas?

Thinking you have a good ground wouldn't hurt to check anyway. Bare metal to bare metal. Most noises are caused by bad grounding points. Oh dam. Didn't read your last sentence. You may have a bad amp in your posession.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

6 hours ago, Boomin_tahoe said:

Thinking you have a good ground wouldn't hurt to check anyway. Bare metal to bare metal. Most noises are caused by bad grounding points. Oh dam. Didn't read your last sentence. You may have a bad amp in your posession.

I might just be wanting it to be too perfect. What is an acceptable amount of static from an amp? It's almost drowned out by my cars idle (little Toyota 4 cyl) but you can still hear it if you listen.

On 1/6/2019 at 2:53 AM, Boomin_tahoe said:

isnt hissing like that sometimes caused by bad caps?

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this