Bad output channel?

Participant count
  • Participant list

79z/28

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a older 4 ch US Acoustics amp that I bought used & has wired to some jbl got 6x9’s.  It sounded pretty good for a while then one speaker got very scratchy sounding, it felt like the voice coil was dragging inside the magnet, I figured the speaker was bad, replaced with punch 4 way 6x9’s and after about 5 minutes of playing the same channel did the same thing!  I swapped input rca and problem stayed with the speaker so do I have a bad output channel?  Could I bridge the 3/4 and nod not mess up other speakers?

I have a older 4 ch US Acoustics amp that I bought used & has wired to some jbl got 6x9’s.  It sounded pretty good for a while then one speaker got very scratchy sounding, it felt like the voice coil was dragging inside the magnet, I figured the speaker was bad, replaced with punch 4 way 6x9’s and after about 5 minutes of playing the same channel did the same thing!  I swapped input rca and problem stayed with the speaker so do I have a bad output channel?  Could I bridge the 3/4 and nod not mess up other speakers?
sounds like a bad output channel if youre able to replicate it like you are. There are plenty of amps available for cheap that will solve your problem. Do you have a budget in mind? I got a very nice Audio Art 2 channel for $45 from a pawn shop recently and its a sq monster

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.