Sign in to follow this  
ft2lewis

speaker making a horrible noise. not alternator whine

I picked up a 2000 ford lightning about two years ago that already had a stereo system installed. Recently i took off the kick panels on the doors to put new vinyl on them. during the process i removed the speakers and tweeters and kept the crossovers in the door. Ive also done some window work replacing both the motors and regulators. A couple of weeks ago my driver side door mid developed an extremely loud tone. It typically only makes this tone after Ive been listening to music for a while and it does not sound like the typical high frequency alternator whine. the best way i can describe it is if you spoke the number one and just carried out the "ne" at the end of it indefinitely. i have no idea whats causing this sound and it doesn't seem to affect the tweeter coming off of the same crossover. with all of the work ive done to the panels and windows my gut tells me its something inside the door and isolated from the headunit and amp. any guesses would be great as a visual inspection turned up nothing. thanks for the help

the amount of people that view posts on this site and leave absolutely no response is baffling. what are we doing here?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ReWiiNd
      I just had a subwoofer installed and now my speakers revolve when im listening to music my front left speaker turns off then turns on then the front right turns off then turns on then the back left... etc i dont understand how this could have happened was the subwoofer installed incorrectly and messed up the wiring in my car? i had a professional install it so if it was his fault i can go back and have him fix it.
    • By wocka flocka
      I fixed the problem the polarities were mixed up!!!! Thanks!
    • By wocka flocka
      Hey I want to replace the rear stock speakers in my 88 Camaro. I pulled one of the panels off and theres a really cool looking old Pioneer speaker. It looked so cool its a shame to cover it up with the panel. =/
      The speakers are old and crackle when played.
      I was wondering if anyone knew if they still sell these size speakers or if it would be hard to change them out. And I was considering looking into cutting interior panels of my car so that the rear speakers stuck out. Shame for those babys to be covered up =(
      Anyways if you have any suggestions please let me know!
    • By Durastar
      I was wondering what dual amp installation kit i should get that doesnt bust the bank too much. What rca cables are good without costing an arm and leg and where to get speaker wire from.
    • By CENTROstang
      Hey guys... check it out. Found this on another forum-

What: Exton RevolUTIon Car, Truck & Bike Show
      When: Saturday, August 7, 2010 - 10:00am to 2:30pm
      Where: Universal Technical Institute (UTI) Exton
      750 Pennsylvania Dr. Exton PA 19341
      What: Annual Car show/ $10 Vehicle Registration /$15 Dyno runs!

FREE SPECTATOR ADMISSION
      Campus Tours Available
      Hugh Douglas - Former Philly Eagles Great will be here signing autographs

This show has been pretty big in past years. It's almost annual, but they did not have one last year. Now, UTI is spending the time and money to make this the biggest car show they've had! $15 Dynojet dyno runs(2wd), judged car show and TONS of giveaways, what more could you ask for?

The campus is located just off Rt.100 near the Pottstown Turnpike exit. Pre-registration available, only $10 to enter and FREE to spectate. There will be food, DJ, games for kids & adults, etc.
      $250 Cash Prize for Best in Show
      $250 Cash Prize for Club with most registrations
      10 Auto/Truck/Bike Vendors

Judging
      -Best in Show-Best Hot Rod-Best Import-Best Muscle/Classic-Best Motorcycle -Top Truck

*This is a charity event, and all proceeds will be split between the UTI Foundation - UTI Foundation - Donations and scholarships to help UTI students | UTIFoundation.net
      and Good Works Good Works *

Dyno slots are limited!
      Go to Exton Motorsports: carshow