Ok. So I know the forum is called interior/exterior enhancements and I figured this barely fit. I need help guys. I have a 1999 toyota avalon. My trunk keeps rattling. I bought some weather stripping to help. So far I've applied it to the inside of the fuel lid, the edge of the trunk and I've even taken OFF the license plate to put W.S there. Sadly it still sounds bad. Please advise!!! To the mods out there, sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

Sound deadener is probably your only out here. I know it seems expensive, but it's not as bad as you think. I use Noico 80mil and it works very well. You can get 10 square feet on Amazon for $20. That's enough to do your trunk lid and sides as well as take care of the license plate. You can also pick up a roller for $10 to install it with.

https://www.amazon.com/Noico-deadening-automotive-Insulation-dampening/dp/B01KZ5X7KO/ref=pd_sim_263_6?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01KZ5X7KO&pd_rd_r=DNRZ11W4K1EVNTYQ97AN&pd_rd_w=Z0jGq&pd_rd_wg=J5yy1&psc=1&refRID=DNRZ11W4K1EVNTYQ97AN

you'll need some deadener and a giant can of great stuff expanding foam, fill in all cavities of the trunk lid. Also get some screws to fully screw in the top and bottom of the license plate.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Thanks guys. I will definitely do what was advised. I will reply to this post once I'm finished.

I just looked at the sound deadner. Are you sure that's what I need? I'm not 100% sure where the rattle is even coming from. I barely hear it in the car and outside is horrible. I pushed on the bottom of the trunk, right below the license and it stopped making the noise, but I had to push kinda hard. Same recommendations?

Yep, just be aware that runk rattles are near impossible to fully eliminate.

giphy.gif

I know I know...I just wanna eliminate as much as possible. Back in the day I used pennies with my 1990 Buick!

You could also look into GP STFU deadening its really thick.

You know how badly this would make a great reply?!

Oh btw, I have some of that GP deadening....stuff is fairly thick, kinda like memory foam on one side and the other side a thin layer of adhesive matting.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

Turn the box around and face forward.

06 altima sedan

Alpine 9887

Sax 125.4 selenium 6.5s SEAS Prestige 27TAFNC/G

Dd m4 2 15" fi n2

traded-pickup1, power-fanatic07, fbi90909

sold to-superspank, dumple, JoeRa22, sub-FATHER, TrlcKed_OuT, rosrock, dcole18, RaiN, BassAddictJ, tommyk90, MANTI5, Micah_Jones, mrflamboynt, g6ryder, rebelfromva, n8skow, crxbmpn, xr650jkallen, thewes

Turn the box around and face forward.

I actually ended up doing this since my license plate was rattling and so was the interior emergency trunk release.

I’ve read it doesn’t sound as great when facing rear seats versus firing towards rear of car, is this true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually ended up doing this since my license plate was rattling and so was the interior emergency trunk release.

I’ve read it doesn’t sound as great when facing rear seats versus firing towards rear of car, is this true?

Well, does it sound better?, Generally facing the trunk is louder unless, you seal it if while facing the cabin..

Sent from my SamsungLife using Tapatalk

Well, does it sound better?, Generally facing the trunk is louder unless, you seal it if while facing the cabin..

Sent from my SamsungLife using Tapatalk

Honestly I’ve noticed such a small difference that’s it’s me negligible compared to before with all the rattling.

I’m waiting on sound deadening material to hopefully help out.

I know I know...I just wanna eliminate as much as possible. Back in the day I used pennies with my 1990 Buick!

Let us know if you manage to mitigate the rattling your referring to! Especially your plate rattle

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now