I currently have 2 kicker comps on 140rms each. I was wondering if I should upgrade those the comp r’s and get a better amp. Add t2 10” comp’s or get 2 more kicker comps and another amp.

What's your budget, what kind of vehicle and what is your goal?

giphy.gif

I currently have 2 kicker comps on 140rms each. I was wondering if I should upgrade those the comp r’s and get a better amp. Add t2 10” comp’s or get 2 more kicker comps and another amp.

what he said + don't buy kicker subs.. we can show u many better options

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

I have a 1993 bucik lesabre. I want louder bass that still provides lows and highs like these kicker comps do

I’m looking to get 2 12’s and spend no more the $400 on both subs. The amp doesn’t matter

The amp don't matter?.. or the cost of the amp?.. im confused

THe cost. I was thinking about getting a Skar sdr-12 and a 1000w rms amp

The box is the most important part, what kind of music do you listen to?

giphy.gif

I got a pretty big ported box. I listen to people like xxxtentacion. Sob x Bre and Kodak black. I also listen to old school **** like snoop

I got a pretty big ported box. I listen to people like xxxtentacion. Sob x Bre and Kodak black. I also listen to old school **** like snoop

i'd take that skar sdr over kicker.. get a soundqubed 850.1amp for 1 of those subs or the 1250.1 for 2. make sure u get correct ohm load, ask us before u order..

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

instead of the skar if u get sq amp, for $30 more than the sdr u can get a hds3.1 12 with 3" coil 1200rms

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

Whatever you do don't get Skar anything and don't listen to gramps.

giphy.gif

The cheapest skar id actually pay for is the vvx series... that said, I suppose its an upgrade from a pair of kicker comps.

2004 Honda S2000

Pioneer DEH-80-PRS

new build in progress (most likely audison voce av k6, tc sounds tc-1000 8, phoenix gold ti21600.5

WHATS wrong with Skar?

everyone hates the owner.. this is a everyday thing now., stupid.. i'd rather have skar than kicker (they do have couple good amps) but as i said sq maybe better deal..

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

Selling bstock as new

Ripping off SD designs

Trying to screw someone out of contest prize cuz their sponsored car didnt win...

Lied about and denied all of it

Team Flex Issues

JVF Customz

REFS- Supergumby5000, Lastcall, 919motoring, hippishake, daboyfromdabx (great seller), beach22

Editing peoples posts, building and selling boxes that look like a 5yr old made them, buying out sundown presale merch and selling it at full price, i could go on all day about that piece of shit.

giphy.gif

everyone hates the owner.. this is a everyday thing now., stupid.. i'd rather have skar than kicker (they do have couple good amps) but as i said sq maybe better deal..

because you are a noob and completely missed the complete and utter sh*t show that is skar audio. Theres a 2000 page hate thread about skar audio and all the people the ripped off on here for a reason. I'd rather have kicker than skar audio all day any day.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

For under $200 a sub your best options are Dayton Reference or Alpine Type-S. Both are designed for SQ, have good displacement capabilities, and work with moderate power and small-ish enclosures. Also you may want to consider a single 15 instead of dual 12's...usually a 15 will dig deeper. Someone was selling a couple SoundSplinter RL-P 15's on here not long ago...based off the legendary TC9 platform it will easliy out perform any combo of 12's mentioned in this thread.

My advice, grab a single 15, throw 800-100rms at it. Forget Skar and Kicker...Skar is garbage and unfortunately Kicker's quality has gone down hill over the last couple decades. Look to brands like Alpine, Sundown, JL, anything TC Sounds built, Image dynamics, Dayton Reference/Ultimax. Honestly the best value in subs right now would be Alpine Type-S...underhung motor/coil design, 15mm excursion, relatively shallow mounting depth, inexpensive, Alpine quality...and available in a 15.

Buy one of these: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/636401-fs-soundsplinter-15s.html

Build Logz, check em out:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/634311-nstalns-build-logz.html#post8918473

Factory HU - Alpine PXA-H800/RUX - 2 x JL Audio HD900/5's - Audiofrog GB10's - Audiofrog GB25's - Audiofrog GS 690's - Audiofrog GB2510 Crossovers - 2 x Audiomobile MASS 2012's

What do you guys think about 2 type s 12’s on 1000w rms. I’m not that much of a noob I’m 15 lol

Don’t laugh at me. I know boss is **** I’ve had a boss amp. I want the boss ar4000 it’s 1000w rms for $100

2 Type S can do well.

I believe that amp did about 900w certified on dyno. If you insist, it will push those subs. Id rather go with a Jbl at that price point

Team Flex Issues

JVF Customz

REFS- Supergumby5000, Lastcall, 919motoring, hippishake, daboyfromdabx (great seller), beach22

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new FREE account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now