Sign in to follow this  
LIGHTBEING

Resonant Engineering - 12" XXX !!!!! 2004 Model

Posted (edited)

Hey Guys -

For SALE! RE 12" XXX!!!!

Been out of the Audio game for so long now. I'm finally selling my car an just took trunk apart. I have a REAL sub that is just ridiculous. This is when RE was RE before the buyout when they made top quality speakers. Old school heads know the deal!

Item(s) Description/Condition:

RE 12" XXX - 2004 model. Good condition. I can't imagine that this has ever seen more then 1,000-1100 watts. I was running a US MD2D.

Price:

$250 Firm

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Don't really want to ship cuz this thing is heavy!!! but if I do it's at buyers expense. Local pick up preferred. I'm in NJ.

Item Pictures:

Photo%20Mar%2012%2C%204%2034%2049%20PM.jpg?dl=0

Photo%20Mar%2012%2C%2012%2030%2055%20PM.jpg?dl=0

Photo%20Mar%2012%2C%2012%2031%2001%20PM.jpg?dl=0

Photo%20Mar%2012%2C%2012%2031%2022%20PM.jpg?dl=0

Photo%20Mar%2012%2C%2012%2033%2016%20PM.jpg?dl=0

Direct Links:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0ohyq6al4wj92z/Photo%20Mar%2012%2C%204%2034%2049%20PM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8ruvy4e1vm7p4k/Photo%20Mar%2012%2C%2012%2030%2055%20PM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/os2tpe4t5e3rq2i/Photo%20Mar%2012%2C%2012%2031%2001%20PM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jc0s5y4sy2fkyws/Photo%20Mar%2012%2C%2012%2031%2022%20PM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqjqz3soqqdkk06/Photo%20Mar%2012%2C%2012%2033%2016%20PM.jpg?dl=0

Edited by LIGHTBEING

Damndamndamn,if the wife and I had not just bought a house, my disposable income is a lil low right now. This is when subs were truly subs. GLWS op, somebody really needs to snatch this up quick.

Thanks man. I appreciate it!

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Really no bites? or are these classified just dead?

your picture isnt with the sub, it's just a piece of paper. anyone can do that, only the person with the sub can take a pic with their username, date, and the sub all in the same pic.

for all we know you got those pics online and just took a 3rd pic with your username in it and no sub

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 150dbs
      post em if you got em
    • By BreakingBad
      Although times are tough right now and I've lost some of my hearing (lol), I am still lovin' the car audio scene. I've debated quitting the game due to my hearing loss, but realized i just need to be smarter and quit exposing myself to CRAZY loud bass on a regular basis.

ANYWAY, that said, I'm interested in upgrading.

Current system is a 2007 RE XXX 18, sealed box, sundown saz-3000, 2 deka g31 batts, yt under hood.

I went sealed as at the time of purchase RE was a very 'hyped' brand (albeit it was overpriced...) and the general consensus on various forums (including caraudio.com) was that the XXX (due to it's specifications) should sound great in a sealed box....and I can confirm, it does...on the low end. I've noticed that songs that have punchier, quicker bass the sub doesn't perform too well on which is expected due to the build and sub size. My alpine head unit goes to volume 30 or 40 or something, and with the tuning on the amps on volume 5 there's decent bass...10 is bearable, 15 and higher it gets difficult to deal with, the ears begin to hurt quickly.

I might be coming into some money in the near future and would like a complete rebuild, as if all goes right the SUV (05 trailblazer) will be parked and kept as a leisure vehicle, 4x4 and car audio...going to be driving a new car (eventually) due to the gas prices and the impending doom that is about to befall our nation caused by the globalists (rothschilds, rockefellers, corporatization of the world, the IMF, the World Bank, the Bilderberg group, the Federal Reserve...and the dozens of other evil, corrupt organizations) who are hellbound on destroying this world for more money and power.

I figure, hey, with the world changing drastically and all our lives about to change, why not blow some money. I did replace 2 of the front speakers with Hertz speakers (dont have the models offhand, the box is in the attic)...actually from a member here, to be honest. It's all working just fine, but it's time to just revamp everything - going to have a shop more than likely sound proof some areas, replace all 4 speakers with a nice front stage (with good midbass) and when it came to the subs, I am split...

Having an 18 gets you accustomed to hearing a sub perform primarily on the LOW end (25-34hz) with it's peak being very low compared to smaller subs (obviously)...knowing this I'm not sure how different the bass would be going from 1 18" in a sealed box to something like 2 15"s in a ported, or even 2 18"s in a ported.

I want sound quality. I know many here are on a budget as am I, but I don't even consider certain brands due to my own experience and seeing other vehicles over the years, etc. For example, no way in hell would I buy alpine subs. Not saying they are bad subs, but they are not what I am seeking - they're not powerful enough, other brands get better reviews and I want better quality.

Over the years I've heard a few names come to the forefront. I haven't been on here in a LONG time, and I come back every once in awhile to discuss **** related to...car audio. The names I'm seeing are Fi, DD and RE (still). I'd like to get some feedback on points such as pricing, build quality/customer service/warranty, power ratings, sound quality, etc. I can obviously review my own 18 and can wholeheartedly say on 3kw in a sealed box this thing bangs, I couldn't even imagine it being on say 4kw in a big ported...Keep in mind, I'm coming from and RE XXX 18...not a type-R, so what are my 'items of interest out of the above brands?

I've been looking at the Fi BTL's, but again I want LOUD, SQ subs not subs built for SPL reasons...problem is when you go from say the BTL's to the BL's you are sacrificing power and loudness for sound quality (from what i hear). Don't know much about DD. RE is a bit too expensive unfortunately, I could save up but I'm pretty **** sure I can get equal if not better quality elsewhere for much lower pricing..

ps, in action:

(taken when i had half the power)
      YouTube - RE Audio XXX 18" - 1500w

(newer)
      YouTube - RE Audio XXX 18 - Akon - Smack That

(clip i made, with quick overview of system)
      YouTube - RE Audio XXX 18 - Overview

Any suggestions? I only want 2...4 just seems too much and i don't have a TON of room in the rear as my backseats are staying in and i don't want to wall it off.

Brands? Models? Prices? RMS?
    • By beach22
      Item(s) for Sale:

RE XXX 18

Item(s) Description/Condition: i have a RE XXX 18 with fresh FI re-cone not even 10 hours on it. i will take $450 shipped $400 picked up or $600 picked up with 8 cubic ft box made with 1 3/8 wood, with removable port one at 34Hz for daily and other at 48HZ for a comp.

Price: $400 picked up $450 shipped $600 picked up with box.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:
      included
      Item Pictures: [ATTACH=CONFIG]26524319[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26524321[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26524320[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26524322[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26524323[/ATTACH]
      (List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).
    • By teptepley1
      I currently have one 12" 2 ohm RE Audio XXX sub on an american bass phantom series 2500 watt amp run at 1 ohm (1250 RMS) in a ported box, 3 cubes at 33Hz setup in a 2000 ford explorer. kinda pissed i got talked into ported because i bought the sub to go for all out SQL while still having good SPL, but even more pissed that i listened to RE's ported box specs. After looking around i know it is way to small. ALSO, I'm in the market for a Hifonics Brutus 2100 watt amp (BRZ2100.1D) or Brutus 2400 watt amp (BRZ2400.1D) to better power this thing.
      SO, before i go build another box, i was wondering what people who have this beast would recommend for a sealed enclosure because 1.1 sounds waayy to small.
    • By prodigy215
      Item(s) for Sale:
      1. Product:
      (2) 15" 4Hp Motors Team TRFs w/ Fully Loaded PSI recones .. Monsterous Subs!!!! 6k+ RMS Daily! 20k Burp! Monsterous Subs!!!

This is one of the Baddest & Most durable motor you can get on market. My lost, your gain...

*If you know these subs, they are similar to the T3 TSNS & Soundstream XXX

2. Specs:
      8 layer FW coil - D2
      Quad(4) 10" spiders
      Triple Leads
      4" Coil
      Carbon Fiber dusctcap
      Handles 6k RMS Daily!

3. Description/Condition:

As shown in pics below one speaker is reading 1.6ohms on both sides (Reconed 2 Months Ago about 20hrs Play Time)

And the other sub is reading 3.0ohms on one coil & 1.6ohm on the other coil (Sub still plays fine the way it is) BUT, I have a "Brand New Recone" that im including with this offer, if you want to recone it or not. Amazing Beastly Subs!! Much more stronger than factory specs

Before I reconed sub it took a AB 1100.1 daily and loved it!

4. Price: :
      $1100 Shipped! Ill take trades also 8k+RMS Amp.. Preferb DD M4a,Lv2,AmericanBass, Cactus, Stetsom...

Item Pictures: