Boominburban

Taramps MD 8000.1 amp

You guys need to go check out the new AD-1 test Dereck Williston just posted on this new Taramps model .... Impressive for sure .... *** It's a 1800.1 amp .... don't know how I messed that up in the title, sorry guys .... ***

We are not surprised on the results. We have been helping and selling Taramp's since 2013.

Some of the information the "rep" provided to D is wrong.. like always.. but the product itself is flawless.

seen this im not shocked by the numbers at all just the taramps are very fragile on the electrical side one slip on anything the amp will go bye bye , just talking from experience with my hd 8k awesome amp very powerful very electrical fragile though

Thats some impressive numbers that little amp is putting!!!

What do you guys estimate the 1ohm version would be doing at 1.3 ohms? Its rated at 1800 1ohm and 1400 2 ohms

Why do Brazilian amps always come with tiny power inputs? 4ga is way too small if it can pull 300+amps of current.

And I thought Brazilian amps were supposed to be more efficient- 64% is no better than Korean amps.

That was with sine waves. It will pull way less current on music and be much more efficient. They have small inputs because they are meant to have short runs to the battery banks.

That was with sine waves. It will pull way less current on music and be much more efficient. They have small inputs because they are meant to have short runs to the battery banks.

Would have been all that much more just to put 0 gauge inputs on....

You guys need to go check out the new AD-1 test Dereck Williston just posted on this new Taramps model .... Impressive for sure .... *** It's a 1800.1 amp .... don't know how I messed that up in the title, sorry guys .... ***

Glad he posted the video, he told me those results on Friday or Saturday and I was stunned. Crazy strong results, he genuinely seemed to love that amp.

He is deciding between 3 different amps to go in his personal vehicle, The taramps is one, a RF Power 1500.1BD and a JL Audio HD1200. Wonder which one he'll pick now...

We are not surprised on the results. We have been helping and selling Taramp's since 2013.

Some of the information the "rep" provided to D is wrong.. like always.. but the product itself is flawless.

Is this the same rep you talked about last time about misinfo? If so, either make his *** tell the truth quit spreading rumors that aren't true or have him terminated.

Would have been all that much more just to put 0 gauge inputs on....

I agree that they should just go ahead and put 1/0 inputs on them but I have always had mine within 2 foot of my battery banks. But even a 5 foot run of 4 gauge can safely carry quite a bit of amperage.

My 20k had single 4/0 1 foot runs for power and ground.

IMG_20150912_192856_zps9wrx3e7t.jpg

Is this the same rep you talked about last time about misinfo? If so, either make his *** tell the truth quit spreading rumors that aren't true or have him terminated.

He just bought an SMD amp dyno and will be dynoing alot of Taramps soon.

And I thought Brazilian amps were supposed to be more efficient- 64% is no better than Korean amps.

This is what we call "a lie". The 90% efficiency that manufacturers brag about is generally at 4 ohms and run just to clipping. Pretty much best case scenario on a test bench.

That said, real-world you won't ever see either extreme for very long or at all.

I don't know about 90% efficiency but I swapped a Phoenix Gold Ti2 2000.1 out directly for a Taramps HD3000 and the difference in the drain on my electrical system was tremendous.

The PG amp would regularly drop my voltage into the 12s. With the Taramps my voltage rarely drops into the 13s.

So my setup got louder with less strain on my electrical and the amp takes up less space. What's not to like?

you know they could have just use the hd 3000, tweaked and watered it down a bit and beefed it up for 40hz perfomance and then slapped the 1800.1 label on it just to get a b*ner going on. if it costs more than the hd3k then idk about the price to performance ratio.... If it costs way less, then FK yeah!!!

Do this amps have subsonic filter on them? been looking at amp pictures but can't find any

No. They have high pass and low pass filters. Replied to your last post about that.

Do this amps have subsonic filter on them? been looking at amp pictures but can't find any

A subsonic filter is a high pass filter..

The amps have a high pass filter on it.

Please review our manual to ensure it will work with your install.

subsonic is just a fancy name for a high pass filter. technically all subsonic filters are just basic high pass filters.

So people in Brazil run large banks of batteries instead of ho alternators?

You got it. ho alts arent popular when your engines are small and the cost to do many things down there is extremely expensive.

Power supplies and batteries are very popular down there.

We impost 2 different supplies from there. Pretty nice.

No. They have high pass and low pass filters. Replied to your last post about that.

Thanks!!!

sorry missed that last reply

You got it. ho alts arent popular when your engines are small and the cost to do many things down there is extremely expensive.

Power supplies and batteries are very popular down there.

We impost 2 different supplies from there. Pretty nice.

Any updates/news on the expected amps? Is there somewhere I can look for updates without bugging you for it?

^^ People's going to say the amp, because it's Taramp's, was tested on Channel 1 and it does no power, lol.

Wew lad- We are already accepting orders for the MD amps.

This isn't preorder, they are actually being shipped to customers right now from our other warehouse.

When payments are made, they ship to customer within the US in about 3 business days + transit time.