Amp for AB XR12-d2? Want to order tonight.

BEEFKING69

Florida
Skar Audio RP-1500.1D or Skar Audio RP-2000.1D or Orion XTR1500.1Dz? The XR12 is rated at 1200 but most say they handle 1500 and i will be getting another in the near future just dont know when which is where im stuck.....if i get another XR12-d2 im going to need 2-3k at 2 ohms or .5 ohm but i dont want to over power this one in the mean time.

skar 2k is fine tested recently if u didn't see it, orion 1500 will re sell little faster but it does tad less power too and not efficient not saying skar is great or anything just for the price should run 2 of those subs well or look at new sq 2250 he tested that too.. maybe blank will come by

Last guy I personally dealt with got a birth sheet with his orion that said 2750 watts or so, but I hate the fact that there's a fixed 25 hz SSF. The other choices do have an adjustable SSF i believe, id personally rule out ANY amp with a fixed SSF if I was using a ported hi-power setup... idk, maybe it's me?

If it was me, id buy a 2 CAB's and strap to 1/2 ohm... once my electrical was up to par I was having a great time killin my Evl-12's and the power was pretty high.

Idk what numbers power wise I was getting but I'd suspect if dynoed the pair was putting out around 4k.

That being said, just get a pair and run em at 1 ohm each and 3000+ ought to be enough... for $400 shipped it's a pair of amps thats hard to beat.

Im just nuthuggin here... I had good luck with mine.

Last guy I personally dealt with got a birth sheet with his orion that said 2750 watts or so, but I hate the fact that there's a fixed 25 hz SSF. The other choices do have an adjustable SSF i believe, id personally rule out ANY amp with a fixed SSF if I was using a ported hi-power setup... idk, maybe it's me?
If it was me, id buy a 2 CAB's and strap to 1/2 ohm... once my electrical was up to par I was having a great time killin my Evl-12's and the power was pretty high.

Idk what numbers power wise I was getting but I'd suspect if dynoed the pair was putting out around 4k.

That being said, just get a pair and run em at 1 ohm each and 3000+ ought to be enough... for $400 shipped it's a pair of amps thats hard to beat.

My amp will do 3500 at 14.. 350

ok thanks for that gramps. I had saw some of the dynos etc but i liked that video
yep shredder is right about the orion ss i hate those too., great if u sealed or tuned at 30 or so but still better to be able to adjust it while play deepest songs u have..

I had also thought about the CAB but i have amazon prime so it was between the skars and the orion and i had watched some videos on the orion and also noticed the subsonic filter being fixed and didnt realy like that.....then i was talking to someone here at the house and they suggested the Rockford Fosgate Prime 1,200 so i watched some dynos and ended up getting it and itll be here this afternoon......what are yalls opinion on the prime 1200? worst case i can send it back and get the rp-2000 or the cab.

Strapping at .5ohm would make those cab amps run at .25ohm... which I would not do. Badddd advice right there

Strapping at .5ohm would make those cab amps run at .25ohm... which I would not do. Badddd advice right there
Nice catch... I meant 1 ohm strapped... 1/2 ohm each... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

Always proofread my posts too... oops!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.