Sign in to follow this  
Joker5381

2016 Jeep Wrangler Fiberglass enclosure sub enclosure help

I have built a fiberglass enclosure for my sons 2016 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk edition. It has been built to fit inside the full size spare located in the rear. I am using a JL Audio 10TW1 sub for this enclosure. After completing the sub I have calculated volume of this closure with speaker displacement to be .45 cuft. the enclosure is recommended for .35 cuft.. Currently it sounds a little boomy with certain music and of course if you play a bass type cd is hits great(son loves that part) but It's not right in my opinion and should have some tight bass when playing those types on music. I believe its due to the enclosure being to big. My question is what kind of material can I put inside this enclosure to test this out to find out if this is the issue? Building a new enclosure is not an option. Any help with this would be appreciated. Remember this is a round enclosure that fits in a spare tire and I am wanting to test this out before I do anything permanent.

Chris

anything that will take up airspace. chopped up 2x4's

sounds a little boomy .... I believe its due to the enclosure being to big.

Very probably

anything that will take up airspace. chopped up 2x4's

This was my first thought. I'd use scrap wood

Chopped up 2x4's going to rattle around inside a round fiberglass enclosure? I was thinking something like clay or great stuff type material? I need to take up .10 cu ft which is equivalent to 12 cups of water(This is how I did my calculations for the cu ft). I will attached a few photo of the enclosure. Just let me know your thoughts.

[ATTACH]26557218[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26557219[/ATTACH]

yeah it would rattle its just a suggestion to see if it solves your issue, not to keep in there and drive around with. if it does then you could go a more permanent route. clay would work foam would not its too permeable and mostly air. your only looking at about a 5.6" cube