HardcoreBob

Sound treating doors (what fasteners work best?) and who has additional tips and tric

So I’ve seen the videos with the guys using the threaded inserts, but like most people I don’t have that tool laying around...

What are some good alternatives to this method to fasten materials to your doors?

Although it’s probably not recommended, I’m going to use some treated and sealed MDF, so I’m particularly interested in the best ways to fasten that material to my door...

Any additional tips, tricks and tactics to sound deadening would be greatly appreciated... I see no reason to not sit back and patiently sound treating the **** out of your vehicle if the materials aren’t over priced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd be a bit scared of MDF just due to the fact of it holding water if you are talking about a big spot to cover holes in the door. There I'd go with plexiglass as far as mounting that's a damned good question

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

I'd be a bit scared of MDF just due to the fact of it holding water if you are talking about a big spot to cover holes in the door. There I'd go with plexiglass as far as mounting that's a damned good question

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

people use mdf for that all the time. Birch would probably be better for the water issue tho

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

Pioneer Prs80, Rockford DSR1, Taramps 15000 HD, two 18 team FI , 4x PPI900.4s, Massive Audio CT2 tweeters, CDT 6.5 mids and 2 pr Anarchy midbass, 3 group31 juice box batterys , lots of 0 gauge and NRG aluminum hardware, Triple 300 amp CES hairpins, 4 Banks of 6 ultra caps.

I just used some short self tapping screws, aluminum flashing and a good bit of deadener. so far so good. could use more deadener but that's a task for another day

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel

2013 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4x4

Pioneer touch screen with front and rear cam

Memphis viv component run active

2 alpine pdr-m65

1 alpine pdr-f50

2 jl 13tw5-3 in subthump understeat box

I used 3/8 ABS with 5/16" -1/2" self tapping screws and sealed around that with silicone, and used two layers of 80 mill deadner rolled on with a heat gun to make sure she stays STUCK to the door, after cleaning with alcohol and placed as much on the inside panel as well. Mark and pre-drill with a countersink bit works well also.

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm 12s@2.06cu Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

Thanks for the replies... I don’t have the “like” or “thank you” button on the app I use, but I really appreciate all the replies to questions I ask... I know many of them are “elementary”, but it’s fun to be over detailed and meticulous about this stuff... it’s fun to talk about and do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now