I want 2 12s that like a sealed box and will take 1500 watts each

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

Based on your wants, you might look into DD SL series or possibly Oncore audio SM series

Oncore seems really interesting, especially their surround technology being able to increase cone area by 100 sq in! Neat the founder of Image Dynamics is the one of the owners of Oncore.

Yeah, you're going to have a tall order to run 1500W RSM each in a sealed application with that mounting depth. Can you not run a ported setup or do you not want to run a ported setup?

I know. I want to run a sealed setup. My thoughts are that if I can get a sealed setup to play loud and low I will be thoroughly pleased. True SQL.

This is honestly what I keep coming back to. Taco Tunes IDQ setup...I've been thinking about it for weeks. It looks good, it has just about everything I am looking for.

I mightve missed it but has anyone asked what the volume of this box is? Its a truck so i doubt very much regardless if its behind or under the seats? 12s dont tend to fit in trucks (at least not adequately) even sealed most 12s need 1 cube each atleast.

Oncore seems really interesting, especially their surround technology being able to increase cone area by 100 sq in! Neat the founder of Image Dynamics is the one of the owners of Oncore.

I know. I want to run a sealed setup. My thoughts are that if I can get a sealed setup to play loud and low I will be thoroughly pleased. True SQL.

doesnt work that way. In a truck sealed is a guaranteed under 140 db club and not play lows at all. Truck's resonant frequencies are higher than trunks and suvs so you wont play low, you'll peak high with a sealed box. The overall loading acoustics are different as well, good chance where you position the subs, you wont even get any output due to phase cancellation.

The proper way to do a truck setup would be ported 8s side fire port under the seat tuned for best SQ and bandwidth. Your sealed idea will be the opposite of actual SQL bass.

prime example of a properly done setup.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

doesnt work that way. In a truck sealed is a guaranteed under 140 db club and not play lows at all. Truck's resonant frequencies are higher than trunks and suvs so you wont play low, you'll peak high with a sealed box. The overall loading acoustics are different as well, good chance where you position the subs, you wont even get any output due to phase cancellation.

The proper way to do a truck setup would be ported 8s side fire port under the seat tuned for best SQ and bandwidth. Your sealed idea will be the opposite of actual SQL bass.

I stand corrected then. Excellent point, Jeff.

My thoughts have been cabin gain, cabin gain, cabin gain...but I did not think about the fact that pickups have a higher resonant frequency. Hell, I didn't know. ****...I guess I'm going to have to consider a low port area tune. This is a huge cab Tundra crewmax just to mention once again. Because of the size, could it put it in a lower peak frequency category? I will have to get it metered and find out...

And there is no room under my seats for subs...

my buddy's ford ranger tends to peak at low 50s. So in your truck might be upper 40s.

One of my buddy's dodge ram extended peaked at 40hz tuned at 28hz port.

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

my buddy's ford ranger tends to peak at low 50s. So in your truck might be upper 40s.

One of my buddy's dodge ram extended peaked at 40hz tuned at 28hz port.

I'm going to have to get re-educated a bit...in a vehicle with a HRF, is it the tuning frequency the most important part of the install? I know it is important, but...say compared to power and cone area as you have more variables to work with in something such as an SUV...

I'm going to have to get re-educated a bit...in a vehicle with a HRF, is it the tuning frequency the most important part of the install? I know it is important, but...say compared to power and cone area as you have more variables to work with in something such as an SUV...

if ported correctly, you should get a good bit louder than an SUV however it'll be a bit harder to play lows unless you build the enclosure for that purpose which requires a good bit of airspace.

The resonant frequency can help with either SPL output and SQ. If its peaking high, you'd want to tune low to flatten the response a bit compared to sealed where you just get a huge spike up top and not much down low.

Sealed boxes lose performance if you ask me. I’ve tried to like them but the output is always weak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on your wants, you might look into DD SL series or possibly Oncore audio SM series

Those oncores look sick dude, very impressive on paper.

2013 Cadillac SRX Performance package

Cadillac CUE Entertainment System

10 speaker Bose premium

Incriminator Audio IA20.1

Stereo Integrity HST12MKII

Bought from; mylows10 x5, double07 x6, ssteele x1, boxxcd x1, vecticus x1, 72impala x1, treesive x1, jaeguerra909 x1, pinoy2o9 x1, michaellane x1, trumpet x1, ricoshay x1, boomsday x1, mitchell0715 x1, Jeffdachef x1. Sold to; mrfoca x1, Treo 15 x2, Trades; AnthonyO x1, Shauncox26 x1, loudenuff x1

if money permits, try the FI Qs optimized for seal

Current Vehicle: 2005 Ford Sport Trac XLT

Sound Deadening: None

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200 NEX

Front Stage: None

Rear: None

Subwoofers: None

Amps: None

Batteries: None

Wiring: None

Alternator: None

However, I would like to find something/build something that would take double that...if it is even possible...

Perhaps you've heard of a fella named Hoffman and his iron law?

Seriously though, you're not getting legit 1500W power handling in 6" mounting depth period. You simply don't have enough depth for a motor that can accommodate high excursion or efficiently control a heavy coil which could hang with that much heat. If you managed to make something that could survive the power you'd lose so much efficiency you'd be better off just running 750W a pop to the IDs or some Daytons or similar.

If you must have 3000W look into multiple 8's or even 6" subwoofers (though I suspect anything 6" that'll do well is too deep). At least you have the thermal power handling angle better covered.

That all said IDQ is a great woofer and 1500 to the pair should do nicely and keep you within the realm of not needing costly electrical upgrades.

Anyway, I'd say mounting depth is just such a huge limiting factor in pickup truck you really don't even have a good option for high efficiency and low extension even if box volume permits

If you have that much room in a crew max, why not try 4 12" Tw3s? you could fit them in a 3.0cf total sealed box. I'm actually fairly happy with mine sealed in a Tundra Double Cab under the seat...

Head Unit: Pioneer Avic-5201NEX

Amplifiers: Orion XTR1000.4, Alphard DB-2000.1D

Front Speakers: Infinity Perfect 600 Components

Rear Speakers: Image Dynamics ID6.5

Subwoofers: 2 JL Audio 12TW3-D4

Those oncores look sick dude, very impressive on paper.

Only heard great things about them. Recommended by some people who have many years of expertise

It's been a looooong time since I've delved into CA. Many years...

Now that I finally have a vehicle to work with, I need to find my sub setup.

I am going sealed. No matter what. This is going into a Tundra Crewmax.

My "hopeful" requirements are:

-two 12s" that will take 1500 watts RMS and likes sealed boxes

-have no more than 6" mounting depth

I understand that this is a pretty tall order, but even if I need to have someone build me custom subs I am optimistic that I can make this happen....probably going to need a neo motor if I had to guess.

Any suggestions? Is PSI still the go-to guy for custom subs?

Not happening

i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

they arent optimized for sealed at all man. None of the SSA woofers are optimized for sealed, the EBP, QTS are all off. I've tested a few ssa woofers in sealed, They are much MUCH better in a ported. As in They should never be in a sealed ever! kind of results.

There are loads of people over the years who have sealed everything from the Dcon to Xcon and have loved the results, Gcon especially.

car_back.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

~~ SSA Dcon / Icon / Xcon ~~

TeamSSAudio.com ~ SSA Forums ~ SSA MySpace ~ SSA Facebook Group ~ SSA Facebook Page ~ SSA Youtube

====================================================

CarAudio-Forum.com ~ HomeAudioForum.net

CarAudio.com mod(original)

There are loads of people over the years who have sealed everything from the Dcon to Xcon and have loved the results, Gcon especially.

the difference in performance and overall bass response from ported and sealed is astronomical for these subs. They literally feel right at home both SQ and output wise in a ported compared to a sealed. Way flatter response with better bandwidth, still amazing transients etc... For sealed other woofers outperform it. For ported, not much can beat SSA subs.

I think I'm just going to abandon all hopes and just run an RF1500BDCP to two IDQ 12s and go with a minmal port area tune of 28-30hz; I've always used aeros, so hopefully I can get two 4" to fit. The IDQs have the lowest mounting depth and take the most power out of any sub I have really considered. I'm really thinking hard about the OnCore subs too, but they are twice as much as the ID's...don't know if they justify that. I have always wanted to try some ID's anyway.

Thanks for all the help, guys! Good to see a lot of you old school members still around and cool, new(er) guys as well.

I think I'm just going to abandon all hopes and just run an RF1500BDCP to two IDQ 12s and go with a minmal port area tune of 28-30hz; I've always used aeros, so hopefully I can get two 4" to fit. The IDQs have the lowest mounting depth and take the most power out of any sub I have really considered. I'm really thinking hard about the OnCore subs too, but they are twice as much as the ID's...don't know if they justify that. I have always wanted to try some ID's anyway.

Thanks for all the help, guys! Good to see a lot of you old school members still around and cool, new(er) guys as well.

Keep in mind. The Q12 really needs almost 2 cubes per to do well with no big peak at 50hz.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

Zapco ST-4X SQ, ST-1000XMii

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Alpine SPX Pro ring radiators

Hertz HV165XL

Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now