Is this possible?

Participant count
  • Participant list

YaImCool

Possible to run an RCA to aux cord from a factory amplifier to iphone and play music straight from the phone? Do factory amps even have RCA's that come from the factory HU that can be unplugged?

If this isnt possible, could I buy a cheap 40W 4 channel, unplug the speakers from the factory amp and put them on the new amp, then run a RCA to aux to Iphone from that amp? its 2 tweets and 2 mids up front, then the same in the rear doors. Could you wire 4 tweets (2 on each front channel) with the amps HPF set high then 4 mids (2 on each rear channel) with hpf and lpf? Or maybe just the front speakers hooked up?

Desperatly trying to find a way to play music from a iphone in a foreign car with no bluetooth/usb/aux and no dash kit to install a aftermarket HU and after research this is all I can come up with lol.

Possible to run an RCA to aux cord from a factory amplifier to iphone and play music straight from the phone? Do factory amps even have RCA's that come from the factory HU that can be unplugged?
If this isnt possible, could I buy a cheap 40W 4 channel, unplug the speakers from the factory amp and put them on the new amp, then run a RCA to aux to Iphone? its 2 tweets and 2 mids up front, then the same in the rear doors. Could you wire 4 tweets (2 on each front channel) with the amps HPF set high then 4 mids (2 on each rear channel) with hpf and lpf? Or maybe just the front speakers hooked up?

Desperatly trying to find a way to play music from a iphone in a foreign car with no bluetooth/usb/aux and no dash kit to install a aftermarket HU and after research this is all I can come up with lol.
what car are you talking about.

Yup. Anything is possible. I have one for my home stereo. Bought it from Partsexpress.

So cannot find a dash kit for your car? What's the vehicle?

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

what car are you talking about.
Hey Jeff, try not to be too fast next time huh lol

2011 audi A4. No dash kit on crutchfield, only aftermarket HU with usb/bluetooth is like $500. Tried a fm transmitter bluetooth thing from wally world it sounded so bad static made it pretty much useless. Iv'e tried searching like every thing I could think of
Audi A4 Dash Kit 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 | Dash Kits | AU2391B | by Scosche

Or do a custom kit. Head unit will be your best bet.

looks like you can use the stock factory clip for a new double din radio.

2011 audi A4. No dash kit on crutchfield, only aftermarket HU with usb/bluetooth is like $500. Tried a fm transmitter bluetooth thing from wally world it sounded so bad static made it pretty much useless. Iv'e tried searching like every thing I could think of
you can also do a bluetooth head unit with an app controlled interface so you can make audio adjustments on your smartphone. Install it somewhere in your trunk hidden somewhere and hook it up directly to the factory amplifier, run a remote wire to the fuse box and dedicated power/ground and you should be good.

Or you can install a bluetooth amplifier.

Factory amps do not use RCAs.

you can also do a bluetooth head unit with an app controlled interface so you can make audio adjustments on your smartphone. Install it somewhere in your trunk hidden somewhere and hook it up directly to the factory amplifier, run a remote wire to the fuse box and dedicated power/ground and you should be good.

Or you can install a bluetooth amplifier.

Factory amps do not use RCAs.
How would I hook up the HU in the trunk to the factory amp if it doesnt have RCA's tho? and what do you think about getting a new amp, hooking up speakers to it, and running rca to aux for iphone? Edit: just realized that woudnt work because 4 channels have 2 RCA inputs.. front and rear.. lol.

How would I hook up the HU in the trunk to the factory amp if it doesnt have RCA's tho? and what do you think about getting a new amp, hooking up speakers to it, and running rca to aux for iphone? Edit: just realized that woudnt work because 4 channels have 2 RCA inputs.. front and rear.. lol.
bluetooth amp no need for any rcas. Just run power, ground, remote and speaker wire.

For the head unit in the trunk, you'll have to find the wiring harness diagram and tap in to the right wires or make a custom wiring harness adapter using the head unit speaker leads for signal or split apart an rca wire.

That's interesting. Metra doesn't have anything for that car.
absolutely nothing. Its pretty garbage for car audio. I'm amazed there's nothing. Its like the manufacturer saying FK you. You get nothing but Am/Fm radio b*tch!

You can get a good fm transmitter. It'll cost around $40 but they work great. I had a wireless one that plugged straight into my phone that i used for a year and it sounded good. The cheap ones are garbage

I had a audi a4 06 tho, same issue as you. You dont need to mount the radio in the normal spot, they sell radio mounts to mount it anywhere you want.

I put mine under the glove department and left the stock unit alone for alarms and chimes and settings for the car.

Sent from my Moto G4 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.