Build box inside door

rremando

Hi I'm new here and hoping to discuss some options and opinions about door speakers.

I have components installed I'm both the from and back of my car. I'm driving a 2000 integra.

Has anyone ever thought about or actually tried building boxes for there speakers? What I mean is inside the door and inside the back panels.

I know what you're thinking, inside the door, seems tough and seems ambitious. I just want to know if anyone has found an easy way to do it, experience in doing it, and opinion whether it will make much difference vs the trouble to do it

Hi I'm new here and hoping to discuss some options and opinions about door speakers.
I have components installed I'm both the from and back of my car. I'm driving a 2000 integra.

Has anyone ever thought about or actually tried building boxes for there speakers? What I mean is inside the door and inside the back panels.

I know what you're thinking, inside the door, seems tough and seems ambitious. I just want to know if anyone has found an easy way to do it, experience in doing it, and opinion whether it will make much difference vs the trouble to do it
I'm currently doing something like this. It's challenging keeping a stock look while getting the rigidity needed, even on a relatively low-powered subwoofer.

I'm going to have to say screw the stock look.

Josh

this is the proper way of doing door treatments turning your door into a proper enclosure go to post #10

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive-10.html

Thats how an audio engineer preps his doors for perfect sound quality.

I think the question (at least from how I understood it) was if it's possible to build a legit enclosure like you would for a sub on your door? I've seen some ppl have their doors ported like a ported enclosure. So if you meant it in that manner-- then yes it's possible

Well I was looking at doing the same thing since I have never done fiber glass. The bottom length of my bronco is really long and is separate fromantic the rest of the door panel. My idea was for 4 6.5 along the bottom but enclosure would have to clear the door

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.