Speaker questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

rutledj
10+ year member

I want to upgrade my ram 1500 reg cab pu speakers. I have a 5 channel alpine amp and have ordered a slim 10" sub to go behind the seat.

I've already replaced the dash tweeters with a infinity combo mid\tweeter 3.5" combination. This improved the sound tremendously, even before the amp and sub.

My question involves the front door and rear speakers (mounted behind the seat in the side columns, so the face toward the center of the truck).

The stock speakers are 6x9s.

In replacing these do you go with a combo speaker that has a tweeter combined with a woofer (as that is all that seems to be available)?

And is the already installed cap bass blocker on the dash tweeters ok to leave in? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Rut

most peeps put coax like u are talking about in rear some use componets in front (we don't care much about back speakers, were call them rear fill)... u can leave dash tweets there if u want, u can run them off the hu leave bass blockers there or add them to the front 2 channels of the amp with door speaker those 2 channels will be running at 2 ohm..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.