HO Alternator question..?

delete

Delete
Delete
Will a 300a HO Alternator suffice for a 2000-3000 watts RMS ? Will be wired to 1 ohm.

Another question, did some browsing and wanted to know if 'singer alternator' and 'excessive amperage' are reliable sites to purchase? Want to know if anybody did business with either and how the customer service is. And what their warranty consists of.

Thanks.

@hertzmafia can tell you about excessive amperage and I had a singer into last truck and ordered one for my new truck from Mike. If you go with singer I can tell you first hand be patient. There's normally a few week build time and just because he doesn't email back the same day doesn't mean he won't. Took a few days for him to st back with me but this is my second alt I'm buying from him if that means anything.

[quote name='Lbetts818']@hertzmafia can tell you about excessive amperage and I had a singer into last truck and ordered one for my new truck from Mike. If you go with singer I can tell you first hand be patient. There's normally a few week build time and just because he doesn't email back the same day doesn't mean he won't. Took a few days for him to st back with me but this is my second alt I'm buying from him if that means anything.[/QUOTE]

Well I emailed both sites a pretty long time ago so I don't remember the details of warranty, the estimated build time, etc. From what i remember they seemed professional and provided detailed answers.

My main concern was knowing if a 300a alternator will suffice for 2k-3kw amp. I have a 13' Honda Accord coupe and I'm aware of the ELD feature Honda uses, which in my opinion is useless. But I recall both Mike and the other rep from excessive amperage I spoke to, had a simple solution to bypass that unnecessary feature with a harness that fits right into the oem plug coming from the factory alternator.

Singer gets my vote I've owned one in my jeep for 5 years an not once had any problems I'm bout to order one for my Lancer which mike has gone out his way to make me something around 270a bc only thing I could find else where was 180a.

Singer gets my vote I've owned one in my jeep for 5 years an not once had any problems I'm bout to order one for my Lancer which mike has gone out his way to make me something around 270a bc only thing I could find else where was 180a.
Singer. But EA is fine also. I've had both and both worked as advertised.
Singer for the win!
Perfect, thank you for all your responses. Much appreciated!

A 300 will be fine for 2-3k. I have a 270 mechman with a northstar 220 on a soundqubed 4500 with no problems. Volts don't go below 13.6v at full tilt.
Oh okay so a 300a should definitely be enough. Thanks man!

I've had Excessive Amperage before as well. Wouldn't hesitate to get again. Plus they're a lil cheaper than some of it's competitors.

Either alt company is fine. I'm a dealer for excessive and rep for singer depending on the application. It can take some time but I can tell you if bought thru acrep the build time can sometimes be a bit faster

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.