limitless lithium hype?

over 1.3 db gain from just swapping lithiums alone with much higher voltages. So far XS power and JY power cant hang from a few head to head comparisons.

nPJI0N.jpg

SiU7G3.jpg

The thing that isn't they aren't proven as far as longevity goes. I think time will tell if they're worth the hype. I'm all for healthy competition if it brings the price down. Travis Young of JY Power has a great presence in my opinion on the Facebook audio pages sharing knowledge and such when it comes to lithium cells. He can tell you how many titles were won with people using his batteries etc. I think JY is likely to have the best customer service out of the lithium offerings. I bought a full throttle battery from Travis and he was more than helpful. We will see where the limitless thing goes for now I think they're a little hyped.

Edit: Truthfully I don't even know who owns limitless lithium. I can tell you who owns Juicebox, JY and XS though.

Just need to see what modules are actually inside the limitless. JY = K2...no idea on XS but I know a few guys that bought em and sold em soon after as results weren't very good. Few guys on my team run JY with good results and I'm in the process of swapping out 18 AGM's for 4 73aH lith batts.

BMS via top balancing doesn't seem to be the way to go for car audio applications from the research I've done.

Limitless owner tells me they do not use balancing because Balancing limits the output potential of the cells.

Even Travis from JY has confirmed this. They use balancing on their cells but their cells do not float as high as non-balanced cells.

Non-balanced cells can float at 14.0v FYI.

Limitless told us they tested 3years unbalanced and ensured they do not require balancing especially because the internal connections from cell to cell are done in a specific manner to prevent imbalancement under heavy discharge and abuse cycles.

They refuse to provide us the RAW cell manufacture or data information of the cells because they do not want anyone replicating what they sell.

The inner case is completely foamed so not easy to get inside.

Reviving an old thread.

Does the unbalancing mean less safe? Because I'm currently contemplating getting a 40 amp hour vs the 80 amp hour JY. I've watched videos where the Limitless outperform the JY voltage wise. Does this unbalanced nature of the Limitless mean that one cell can discharge faster than the other thus causing instability or do they self balance cause theyre wired in series? Im wired for fire and dont really feel like actually burning up my truck because the cells inside the limitless become unstable.

Reviving an old thread. Does the unbalancing mean less safe? Because I'm currently contemplating getting a 40 amp hour vs the 80 amp hour JY. I've watched videos where the Limitless outperform the JY voltage wise. Does this unbalanced nature of the Limitless mean that one cell can discharge faster than the other thus causing instability or do they self balance cause theyre wired in series? Im wired for fire and dont really feel like actually burning up my truck because the cells inside the limitless become unstable.
Thinking about getting a 22ah

for myself. But this makes me concerned

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.