Looking for subs with about 6 inch mounting depth.

DirtyDuzit

AZ
Hey I've had a few systems before, my most recent was 2 of the entry level sounqubed 15s in a wall I had made myself in a crown vic, ran it off a ppi black ice 1800. Other then that all have been trunk systems so right now im trying to build a system in my 86 f150, most likely I want 2 12's and im thinking about running 1-2k watts maybe the SKAR 1500.1, sounqubed 1200.1, or anything under 200 bucks.

I don't think I wanna run shallow mounts because all the ones I see are a bit smaller than I need and have like 2 inch coils, are there any decently priced dual 2.5 inch coil subs with 5.5-6 inch mounting depth?

Singlecab? Goodluck with that. I have a 96 f150 single cab and from my experience that 6" mounting depth is doable if your box doesn't come up to high. Mostly depends on how tall you are. Cant remember my exact height of my box but I think it was somewhere around 15-17". Too high if you still want to maintain comfortable seating. bottom works well but the higher you get, the less space between the seat and the back wall. My box was only 5.5" front to back and that was too much up high.

Ended up going with some SKAR IX 12's and the SKAR lp-1000 gunna be a cheap budget system, couldn't really find anything much louder that would fit behind the seat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.