Cea 2006 compliant

rp69

Senior VIP Member
Hello everyone gust wondering what this means and if it is a reliable ratting. Her is a amp test results i watched on u tube. It gave these test results. Certified @1% distortion /uncertified @ clipping/ dynamic power (rms)@ clipping.Now wich one of these test does the output of the amplifier have to meet to be cea 2006 compliant.

The cea 2006 compliant only requires a 4ohm load so the other load ratings could be false if the manufacturer wanted too. I wouldn't get to caught up in it. Just get a reputable brand quality amp.

Hello everyone gust wondering what this means and if it is a reliable ratting. Her is a amp test results i watched on u tube. It gave these test results. Certified @1% distortion /uncertified @ clipping/ dynamic power (rms)@ clipping.Now wich one of these test does the output of the amplifier have to meet to be cea 2006 compliant.
Neither. CEA is tested at 4 0hms, does not measure efficiency or how clean the power is at 1 ohm. Which means a garbage test and sticker.

The amplifier dyno's certified test is a much more accurate trustworthy test than CEA anyday.

I have an option of two amps one being powerful but unclean power.phd2 earthquake phd2.or a hifonics elite at 1600.rms at distortion . Whant to power two 12" fu audio subs . The 1600 watts is the hifonics the 2000at two ohms is the earthquake wich I Herd is very unclean power.what amps is 1600 watts of clean power enough for two fuaudio 12" 750

Nobody has answersome the earthquake phd2 is a monster. But very unclean power I have a hifonics elite 2100. And the earthquake phd2 . Which is the better of the two for two 12" 750 fu audio. Subs keep in mind the phd2 amp has huge distortion

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.