2500w in smaller enclosure suggestion?

WillyG4444
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ridgewood
I currently have an an enclosure with 2 12s in my Hyundai Santafe that takes up the entire rear cargo area. I can just about fit a stroller in there on top, but we just had another kid and unfortunately I need more space in there. I'm going to need to downsize to 1 sub to save space, but didn't know if anyone had suggestions (if any out there) of a sub that will handle 2-2500w while not requiring a huge amount of space. I like being tuned to 32hz and would still like to have a good effect at lower freqs. I've always done ported enclosures, but wouldn't be opposed to sealed, I just always thought they wouldn't compare at lower freqs to the ported oomph.

Is this too good to be true for a sub that can handle that much power in a smaller enclosure at 3-400 bucks?

Thanks in advance:

Number of subs preferred: 1

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 10 or 12

Budget: $300-$400

Power to be used: BRX3016D (for now) 3000w at 1 ohm, looking for a 2000-2500w sub

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): Would like to keep it to 2 cubes ideally, but could maybe go more.

Goals: Less space while still able to produce good lows. Like more musical "tight" subs

Listening habits: Mix, Hip-hop/EDM/Rock/Classical -

I currently have an an enclosure with 2 12s in my Hyundai Santafe that takes up the entire rear cargo area. I can just about fit a stroller in there on top, but we just had another kid and unfortunately I need more space in there. I'm going to need to downsize to 1 sub to save space, but didn't know if anyone had suggestions (if any out there) of a sub that will handle 2-2500w while not requiring a huge amount of space. I like being tuned to 32hz and would still like to have a good effect at lower freqs. I've always done ported enclosures, but wouldn't be opposed to sealed, I just always thought they wouldn't compare at lower freqs to the ported oomph.
Is this too good to be true for a sub that can handle that much power in a smaller enclosure at 3-400 bucks?

Thanks in advance:

Number of subs preferred: 1

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 10 or 12

Budget: $300-$400

Power to be used: BRX3016D (for now) 3000w at 1 ohm, looking for a 2000-2500w sub

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): Would like to keep it to 2 cubes ideally, but could maybe go more.

Goals: Less space while still able to produce good lows. Like more musical "tight" subs

Listening habits: Mix, Hip-hop/EDM/Rock/Classical -
this would work well in low airspace boxes tuned low. Though your amp will not push it to the max cleanly. Just becareful with hifonics amps.

DC Audio Level 5 12 3.5 M4 3000w Subwoofer - SSA STORE

With that kind of power on tap you'll need to just be sure you pick a company that'll warranty that. Incriminator, Sundown, SSA, Crossfire, Atomic, DD, and Fi are all well established companies. Their woofers will do what they claim and they stand behind them.

There are always some more inexpensive brands that may or may not give comparable performance, and I'm sure there's some new forum boner brand that will go belly up in half a year and burn a lot of people (T3 and Tantric come to mind).

When you get into woofers that'll take that kind of power there won't be a lot of difference in performance and sound when you stick with the big players.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.