Wiring kit for a Sundown E10 on 500 watts

Participant count
  • Participant list

EpicMango
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Colorado
I was looking at just doing the basic KnuKonceptz 4 gauge wiring kit but I am now wondering if I should go with something a little nicer or not.

Its a Sundown E10 on a Rockford Fosgate 500 watt amp on an 80PRS. Would I hear an audible difference if I went with something better or should I just stuck with the normal 4 gauge kit and call it a day?

I heard quality RCA's can make a big difference in sound....

Anybody on here sell some 4 gauge kits?

I usually just try and make my own kit with my own RCAs, power wire, ground wire, bigger speaker wire than what they give just for safe measures, and the Krystal RCAs that they offer are really nice. Don't think that I have ever bought a complete kit.

I did the same as zscarlson, if you go to a local install shop they usually sell wire by the foot and all the different stuff you need, given the low amount of power you are running the wire should be relatively cheap compared to a full blown kit.

Definitely make your own kit. You'll save some money and you can get better quality than these kits. Some high end kits are nice but you also pay for them. I never go smaller than 2 gauge just in case you ever need to upgrade in the future. Also you cant go wrong with bigger power and ground wires, they only help. As for rcas, I've never been able to hear a big difference in sound but as far as quality and longevity, your premium pairs are usually worth it considering they're not ridiculously expensive.

I'm debating doing that now but I've never done a completely custom wiring kit. Right now I feel like I am going to go with KnuKonceptz EKs RCA's, 12 gauge OFC speaker wire with the mini XL fuse. I don't know what recommendations I should use for the power wire, ground wire, remote control wire, and I wouldn't even know where to get the terminals for all these components.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.