one sealed and one ported?

bumpinhooptie

Pardon me if this is a stupid question but is it not a good idea to run 2 subs on in a ported and one in a sealed enclosure? In my opinion this would give me the benefits of both worlds? Plus I am working with limited trunk space in order to save cargo room. Agree or disagree? please reply.

While this does seem like a genuinely good idea, I'm not sure it will work. If you want great low end production and still a flat response, make a custom ported box. Or even have a pro make one for you. There are several professionals on this forum, but I'm on mobile currently and don't even know how to link them in the first place. Lol, anyway, good luck!

[quote name='James Coyle']While this does seem like a genuinely good idea, I'm not sure it will work. If you want great low end production and still a flat response, make a custom ported box. Or even have a pro make one for you. There are several professionals on this forum, but I'm on mobile currently and don't even know how to link them in the first place. Lol, anyway, good luck![/QUOTE]

If you want to tag people you put @(then their name) then a space then ;

Example ill tag boomsday since he's a box builder on here @Boomsday ;

what do you mean?

you could do a 4th order bandpass which would technically be running a sub in a ported and sealed box

but yeah running 1 sub ported and then another sub sealed in two different enclosures would sound ***

what do you mean?
you could do a 4th order bandpass which would technically be running a sub in a ported and sealed box

No, it is not anything like that.

OP. Buy a properly designed sub and buy or build the correct box and it will sound good. What you have described is the recipe for an acoustic nightmare.

Pardon me if this is a stupid question but is it not a good idea to run 2 subs on in a ported and one in a sealed enclosure? In my opinion this would give me the benefits of both worlds? Plus I am working with limited trunk space in order to save cargo room. Agree or disagree? please reply.
It looks as if you're trying to get SQ from the sealed box and SPL from the ported box. You will run into cancellations with two different curves. So yea it'll sound like sh*t.. How much space are you working with? W x H x D..

a properly built 4th order bandpass enclosure, with a sub that can perform well in that application, is exactly getting the benefits of a sealed and ported enclosure. Dmac is right. the room for error is what messes up the works when doing bandpass. calculate a tad off, build a tad off, or use a sub not meant for the enclosure, adds up to a complete mess.

a properly built 4th order bandpass enclosure, with a sub that can perform well in that application, is exactly getting the benefits of a sealed and ported enclosure. Dmac is right. the room for error is what messes up the works when doing bandpass. calculate a tad off, build a tad off, or use a sub not meant for the enclosure, adds up to a complete mess.
Care to explain? What "benefits" do you get?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.