Pioneer DEH-80PRS

So, I finally did it. I purchased a Pioneer DEH-80PRS. I haven't received it yet so everyone slow your roll. I'm just so excited that I finally purchased it that I had to make a quick post. IT will be going inside my 2003 Corvette Z06. I will be eventually pairing it with JL audio C2 speakers and Jl audio 10W3V3 sub. All of this being run off a JL audio XD700/5. Lets just say I've been doing some homework lol. If any one has any special tips for me with the setup I will be running please chime in and give suggestions. Please don't start with....Oh you can get better speakers or, that brand *****. Don't kill my vibe. I believe this will be a pretty banging system so ill be blocking all the haters. Anyways let me know whats on your minds.

well considering you have a corvette im assuming you have money to throw away and burn which is why your going with jl audio stuff. Your falling into the baller hype, and yea itll be "pretty banging" but for the same price you couldve had BANGING. So i doubt you did your HW, nice stuff though congrats

So, I finally did it. I purchased a Pioneer DEH-80PRS. I haven't received it yet so everyone slow your roll. I'm just so excited that I finally purchased it that I had to make a quick post. IT will be going inside my 2003 Corvette Z06. I will be eventually pairing it with JL audio C2 speakers and Jl audio 10W3V3 sub. All of this being run off a JL audio XD700/5. Lets just say I've been doing some homework lol. If any one has any special tips for me with the setup I will be running please chime in and give suggestions. Please don't start with....Oh you can get better speakers or, that brand *****. Don't kill my vibe. I believe this will be a pretty banging system so ill be blocking all the haters. Anyways let me know whats on your minds.
Great choice on the head unit. Are you planning to run active on your speakers? JL isn't a bad brand.. The W3 is barely entry level IMO. If you have the money, I would go with the w6.

I sincerely hope you put some time and money into proper deadening treatment into your doors, and make a proper box (though I'd also suggest W6 or W7 if you're sticking with JL). Good sound takes a bit of work beyond just choosing good equipment.

In the W6 price range, I'd get a morel ultimo or an image dynamics IDmax 12.

In the W3 price range, these would absolutely destroy that W3 in sound quality and output. They have better warranty too. With 5 years on the ultimax

TC Sounds Epic 10" DVC Subwoofer

Dayton Audio UM10-22 10" Ultimax DVC Subwoofer 2 ohms Per Coil

Enclosure design is important dont buy some random pre-made box and think it'll work in it.

For speakers, i'd go used and get a JL C5 components, they are miles better then C2 components http://www.caraudio.com/forums/speaker-classifieds/609382-fs-jl-audio-c5-650-component-coax-speakers-2-pairs.html

[quote name='Jeffdachef']In the W6 price range, I'd get a morel ultimo or an image dynamics IDmax 12.

In the W3 price range, these would absolutely destroy that W3 in sound quality and output. They have better warranty too. With 5 years on the ultimax
TC Sounds Epic 10" DVC Subwoofer
Dayton Audio UM10-22 10" Ultimax DVC Subwoofer 2 ohms Per Coil

Enclosure design is important dont buy some random pre-made box and think it'll work in it.

For speakers, i'd go used and get a JL C5 components, they are miles better then C2 components http://www.caraudio.com/forums/spea...o-c5-650-component-coax-speakers-2-pairs.html[/QUOTE]

Jeff is spot on.. I would've said the same but seems like OP is set on JL. If you're gonna go with JL @Fast\-N\-Loud; fork up the money and then think about how to make it better than it already is. If SQ is of priority, it has more to do with install and how u set it up rather than equipment like previously mentioned.

On a side note, I've heard both the IDMAX and the Morel Ultimo and it is spectacular in SQ and great output. If money is no issue, the Morel Ultimo would be a great choice. (10" Ultimo is $900, Ultimo SC is $500) That's baller status if u ask me.. All in enclosure though! More so than the actual sub.

do not take offence to what anyone here is telling you, you asked opinions and you will get them, it would be unfair to ask people to chime in with only what you want to hear, that would defeat the purpose of starting a thread.

but anyhow I to own the 80prs and like it a lot, a couple things about it drive me nuts like where is the subwoofer volume, I can not find it or it is not an option on this model, as far as going all jl, I like to match equipment as well, but I tell you, since I have joined this forum I have had my whole world and view of brands flipped upside down, I have changed my wife's set up 3 times in the past month and a half, I thought I did my research and had my mind made up and no one was going to change it, mind you I had been out of the game for quite some time, once I hooked everything up and tuned it the best I could I wasn't quite happy with it, came to this forum and figure I would ask around about tuning, my equipment, ect., and here I am to say I am glad I was open minded, I took some suggestions, did some more research, bought some more equipment, installed it and was way happy.

all i'm saying is if you have not gotten the jl equipment yet then at least look into and ask around to get some opinions and see what people are happy with, there are a lot more brands that are better, and cost the same if not less.

we are just trying to help.

do not take offence to what anyone here is telling you, you asked opinions and you will get them, it would be unfair to ask people to chime in with only what you want to hear, that would defeat the purpose of starting a thread.
but anyhow I to own the 80prs and like it a lot, a couple things about it drive me nuts like where is the subwoofer volume, I can not find it or it is not an option on this model, as far as going all jl, I like to match equipment as well, but I tell you, since I have joined this forum I have had my whole world and view of brands flipped upside down, I have changed my wife's set up 3 times in the past month and a half, I thought I did my research and had my mind made up and no one was going to change it, mind you I had been out of the game for quite some time, once I hooked everything up and tuned it the best I could I wasn't quite happy with it, came to this forum and figure I would ask around about tuning, my equipment, ect., and here I am to say I am glad I was open minded, I took some suggestions, did some more research, bought some more equipment, installed it and was way happy.

all i'm saying is if you have not gotten the jl equipment yet then at least look into and ask around to get some opinions and see what people are happy with, there are a lot more brands that are better, and cost the same if not less.

we are just trying to help.
Theres subwoofer 1, 2 and 3.

Subwoofer 1 is your on or off along with stereo or mono.

Subwoofer 2 is your sub level control and your low pass filter control.

Subwoofer 3 is your crossover slope and phase control.

NOTE: Use volume knob by turning left or right or pressing in AND side tickers to choose between each option.

If you are running active network it disables subwoofer controls but subwoofer network should be network 3.

I personally prefer running active on amps rather than the head unit just to keep my sub control, keeps things nicer retaining all the features.

I have to look again but I think subwoofer 2 only gives me option for phase, nor. or rev. I swore I saw it there before, wonder if I did something to remove it.
are you in network mode or standard? Nework mode you'll see network 1, 2 and 3, standard will not have network in the options.

Enjoy it! I'm on the fence about buying one of these or going with an Alpine CDA-9887 again. I like the features and better processor in the Pioneer, but I love how the Alpine sounds. Will be paired with an in-dash tablet.

ok jeff I figured it out, it was turned all the way down, it looks different then the 8600, the 8600 had a pic of a speaker and the 80prs was in -db to + db

( ^retard moment lol )

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Fast-N-Loud
Miami
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jeffdachef
1000007733.jpg