Pioneer DEH-80PRS

ok jeff I figured it out, it was turned all the way down, it looks different then the 8600, the 8600 had a pic of a speaker and the 80prs was in -db to + db
( ^retard moment lol )
hope that gets you bumping again!

pre-out voltage of this head unit is clean all the way to 62/62 so dont be afraid of putting the volume up high before setting the gains.

For mids and highs, on the front 2 and rear 2, you can actually control how loud each are also, kind of like a gain knob built into the head unit.

You will soon start to see why people love this friggen head unit!

oh it did, had to take the eclipse 7232 and drop the gain about all the way up to 8v then out of 100% on the dial I ended up at about 25 to 30% between 8v and .1v and turned the db on the h/u at +1db that is almost perfect.

I'm not sure yet on active. Ill see what sounds best to my ears first and than take it in to my local shop for some fine tuning.
run the auto EQ. Plug in the mic into the front aux port. Take off your driver seat headrest, and place the mic on the seat.

Hold the SRC/off button and when the head unit turns off, hold the EQ/disp off button and you'll go into auto EQ/TA. Make sure your environment is quiet when you do this, you dont have to be in the vehicle either.

I have not purchased JL equiptment yet. All i have is rear pioneer ts-a 5 1/4 speakers. The car comes with two 8" subs in the doors. This system sounds **** near perfect to me. I am super happy with where I am at right now but of course i know im gonna want more in the future. Im gonna be working on sound proofing and setting up the vehicle for speaker and sub upgrades in the future. I wanna do things right. And the only reason i got the pioneer rear speakers is because my stock ones were blown and these were like $40 on amazon.

Get the pioneer. You will never look at any other unit again. MY car even with stock speakers sounds like a **** concert is going on. And i havent really even begun tuning it to its potential. I just installed it today. Only have about three hours of tuning so far but sounds better than enything i have ever heard before.

wait until you get the JL equipment and amp in. Instead of JL C2s, go for the C5 components for fronts and you can honestly keep the pioneers because rear fill is just rear fill, does not do much for driver's sound quality. Spend all you can on the front stage because thats the core of your mids and highs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Fast-N-Loud
Miami
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jeffdachef
IMG_5860.jpeg