Shhh sound coming from tweeters even with HU volume down

dangerzone9k
10+ year member

D.C.
Hi all,

I installed a new HU Alpine HD149BT and when I powered with HU up the tweeters were making a 'shhh' type sound. The volume on the HU was at zero. This sound was happening with the old alpine HU I had what I want to fix this issue.

Setup:

components: polk audio db6501 6.5

amp for speakers: jl 300/2

sub: jl w6

amp for sub: jl 500/1

HU: alpine 149bt

Any ideas?

Thanks

shhh-shhh-just-let-it-happen.jpg

I did some research and it looks like the problem could be with the xovers as they might to close to a fuse or power cable. I don't believe this is the case as I install the xovers in the door panels. I have power running on the left and speaker/rcas on the right. My amp gain might be turned up too much. Will mess around with the amp settings.

anyone else have other ideas?

Are your amp gains set properly? What did you set HU volume to when you set amp gains? Are you using RCAs or speaker level out of HU to amps?

swap your rca's over on your speaker amp (left for right and right for left)if the sound swaps sides it's an issue befor the amp, if it doesn't swap sides it's todo with the wiring from the amp to that speaker/crossover

I tried different sources on the deck (CD/Ipod) and the noise is still there. When I installed the new deck I just used the previously set settings on the amp. I will try everything mentioned above. I'm pretty sure I didn't set the gain right. Also, when I tested the deck to make sure everything worked before putting things back together the right speaker went out (barely any sound coming out of it). I took the door panel off and a piece from the xover fell on the floor. I ordered a new xover from ebay to replace it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.