Folded horn trunk build in a G6 DD 10" 600 series

Participant count
  • Participant list

cdc351jeferson
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
austin tx
This build will be a little different than what most people do. Im building a folded horn for the DD 600 series 10". This box is a 7' horn path and should yield some good results.The goal here is to have some clean sound and have some decent output on low power. Not to mention ill have about 50$ in the box build after its all said and done:). This is a low budget build the amp is a kicker zx500.1 i got on the forum for 60$ shipped. Heres the build.

Got it all laid out and im giving the thumbs up of approval haha.

photo5_zpsdbff3eb6.jpg

photo11_zps43cd774a.jpg

photo32_zps19115581.jpg

photo52_zps4a258317.jpg

So many angels

photo21_zpscf92f1a1.jpg

photo41_zps3f2eb848.jpg

LOL

photo51_zpscf7b57d5.jpg

photo4_zps16e2c9c8.jpg

So last night was semi productive. We got some paint in the port, some bracing up, and the last wall.

8287A4E6-97E6-44CC-B16B-D53E6ABA137E_zpsvl5gt7ga.jpg

Hope this matches my DD sub....

99CA2F52-93F6-4093-9B35-683E9DD12C1B_zpsvifjt0bt.jpg

5FA4F90C-761A-4B71-96EC-AA40412D67D8_zpsol97rkwc.jpg

612CEE76-455E-4A63-A01D-8546E98A4FEC_zpsxi6fjn5z.jpg

Pretty much what is left is another brace in the wide opening, The sub mounting, More paint, the top, and 2" legs. Should be able to have it playing in a few days still waiting on sub:)

Very nice. Interested to see what results you get. I have been interested in folded horns for a while. From what I've read, they should yield good results when they are smaller, big large ones in a vehicle aren't so great.

Very nice. Interested to see what results you get. I have been interested in folded horns for a while. From what I've read, they should yield good results when they are smaller, big large ones in a vehicle aren't so great.
They do get pretty loud for what they are and sound clean. My buddy is running a jbl gto10 in a 36x30x24 or something weird like that on a POS power acoustik amp and it gets stupid. Steering wheel flopping all around its crazy to think its 1 10.

If your up near austin sometime give me a holller ill be playing by friday at the latest.

One of my installers, Randy, is a folded horn freak!!!! He wants to make every custom box we do for people a friggin folded horn lol.....
LOL it cant be all horns RANDY! haha they are awesome tho especially if your building it for yourself the build is cheap!

They do get pretty loud for what they are and sound clean. My buddy is running a jbl gto10 in a 36x30x24 or something weird like that on a POS power acoustik amp and it gets stupid. Steering wheel flopping all around its crazy to think its 1 10.
If your up near austin sometime give me a holller ill be playing by friday at the latest.
Damn, I just took a ride on the bike up there Sunday too. Went to a show called Cars and Coffee, check it out if you never have (some photos: Cars and Coffee - Austin, TX - 18May2014).

I'll let ya know for sure though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.