Taramp's 10.9Kw Amplifier Result's

bassheavy13
Premium Member

Premium Member
I'm starting this thread to educate people on the quality of this particular Taramp's amp. So far I have it installed and running off of 4 Deka group31 batteries in the trunk being charged by a 240 amp Mechman along with a 70ah agm starting battery. Right now I have 3 positive runs of CCA zero gauge and 2 negative cca runs to the back. Soon I will be adding 1 more battery, 1 more positive run of cca, and a 320 amp DC alt. I had a Flatline 7K with the same setup previous to this amp being installed. Too hard to tell any diiference other than my voltage is actually better. The system isn't quieter but not sure if or how much louder it is. The Flatline was flattened shortly after being installed so no numbers(wasn't the amps fault, user error). This is pushing 4 ZV4 12's at 1ohm which is what this amp is rated for. I don't know how often this will be updated but I will try my best(I work a lot of hours). Right now you can see this video I made before installing

I'm very tempted in picking up a taramps amp just not sure which one. T10.9kw wired @ .5 ohm or the hd8k 2ohm wired at 2ohm. Just need to rebuild and test what my atomic 5k does at .5ohm

note that current is the flow of electrons, and electrons are negatively charged. negative charges are attracted to positive charges.

point is, current is negative to positive. the grounds are as important or more important than the power wires.

match quantity of power and ground cables.

I'm starting this thread to educate people on the quality of this particular Taramp's amp. So far I have it installed and running off of 4 Deka group31 batteries in the trunk being charged by a 240 amp Mechman along with a 70ah agm starting battery. Right now I have 3 positive runs of CCA zero gauge and 2 negative cca runs to the back. Soon I will be adding 1 more battery, 1 more positive run of cca, and a 320 amp DC alt. I had a Flatline 7K with the same setup previous to this amp being installed. Too hard to tell any diiference other than my voltage is actually better. The system isn't quieter but not sure if or how much louder it is. The Flatline was flattened shortly after being installed so no numbers(wasn't the amps fault, user error). This is pushing 4 ZV4 12's at 1ohm which is what this amp is rated for. I don't know how often this will be updated but I will try my best(I work a lot of hours). Right now you can see this video I made before installing

Bass Thrashin..Hahaha..Been subscribed for awhile //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/2thumbs.gif.fdc3ba010dbb42b61704534b46d02fe4.gif

I'm very tempted in picking up a taramps amp just not sure which one. T10.9kw wired @ .5 ohm or the hd8k 2ohm wired at 2ohm. Just need to rebuild and test what my atomic 5k does at .5ohm
Do NOT ever wire a brazillian amp below its rated impedance.

Unless you know what your doing, I have had mine below rated for well over a year without a problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Unless you know what your doing, I have had mine below rated for well over a year without a problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I've had a setback with my system. Someone rear-ended me at the show. I did get some numbers although the experimental box setup lacked. The best part was demoing down to 11.1 several times with no issues at all. Metering was hampered by my box design. It hit a 146.8 @37hz. BUT, my Flatline 7k which had been repaired was returned to me at the show so I swapped it out with the Taramps to see what it did. It only did a 145 @37hz.

So far so good I would say. More updates to follow...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.