ppi bk1800.1d ?

Participant count
  • Participant list
What kind of electrical do you have?Ho alt?Extra batts?Head unit voltage?Box size?Sealed/ported?It all plays a role in what the amp puts to the sub and how the sub reacts.Most likely won't see the full 1800 watts.Ive ran many Fi subs and put lots more than their ''rms'' to them.Never a failure.The Q will take 1800 clean all day..Good luck on however you decide to run it though.

What kind of electrical do you have?Ho alt?Extra batts?Head unit voltage?Box size?Sealed/ported?It all plays a role in what the amp puts to the sub and how the sub reacts.Most likely won't see the full 1800 watts.Ive ran many Fi subs and put lots more than their ''rms'' to them.Never a failure.The Q will take 1800 clean all day..Good luck on however you decide to run it though.
I am doing the Big 3 with 1/0 gauge

1/0 gauge Knukonceptz CCA wiring kit

Stock 100 amp alternator however

No extra batts

My headunit is a Pioneer AVH-P8400BH. I believe it is 4Volts

Box size is a ported 2.2 ft3 tuned to 30Hz

I am doing the Big 3 with 1/0 gauge1/0 gauge Knukonceptz CCA wiring kit

Stock 100 amp alternator however

No extra batts

My headunit is a Pioneer AVH-P8400BH. I believe it is 4Volts

Box size is a ported 2.2 ft3 tuned to 30Hz
If you are gonna run just a single batt up front i'd go with a good agm.That sub will be fine with the 1800 as long as you keep the clipping down.

If you are gonna run just a single batt up front i'd go with a good agm.That sub will be fine with the 1800 as long as you keep the clipping down.
So if i ran it at 1 ohm getting the 1800 watts is it possible to set the amp to put out a lower amount of wattage? Like in the 1400 range?

Yep.Just set the gain a little lower.
alright. so if i wanted to set the amp to 1400 watts i would do

1400(watts) multiplied by 1(Ohm load) and then take the Square Root of all that to find the Voltage?

If you want the most out of that amp, you might want to add a tiny 2ndary battery like a shuriken or kinetik hc600 to the back or replace your starter with a good AGM battery. The big 3 by itself is not enough for 1800 rms with only a 100 amp stock alt. Keep the gain down low until you can get that battery in.

If you want the most out of that amp, you might want to add a tiny 2ndary battery like a shuriken or kinetik hc600 to the back or replace your starter with a good AGM battery. The big 3 by itself is not enough for 1800 rms with only a 100 amp stock alt. Keep the gain down low until you can get that battery in.
Ok thanks. So just an agm battery would suffice? I dont really wanna get a HO alt.

any particular brand of AGM battery? I heard optima kindve went down the drain
Optima is okay. Just way too damned overpriced. I've had good experiences with kinetik and dekas(autozone's duralast platinum/orielly's superstart platinum). If you have money to blow, XS power or odyssey batterys are good and I hear sear's diehard platinum is pretty much an odyssey battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.