Amp not outputting enough voltage

heffrey

Hello,

I am running into problems with my amp not outputting enough voltage. I installed this setup, with the subwoofers wired in parallel, for an impedance of 1 ohm. 2 x Pioneer TS-W3003D4 12" Subwoofers + 1000W Hifonics X1000.1D Amp. I verified that the impedance is 1 ohm by using a DMM. Based on my calculations, I should set the gain so it outputs 31.62 volts (sqrt(1000x1)). I am using a 50hz test tone, head unit at 30/35, EQ flat, with the gains on my 4 channel amp for my speakers turned off. Turning the gain all the way up on the sub amp only gets to about 16.5 volts AC output.

Any idea what the problem could be??

Thanks in advance!

Is your subwoofer output on the deck all the way up.. What level tone are you using for your gain setting?
50hz.

Update: I turned the subwoofer output to +15, and now when I read the output voltage it will go up to ~23v at about 2/3 gain, but if I turn the gain up beyond that the voltage output DECREASES...

Looks like my speaker amp isn't outputting enough voltage either. Could it be a grounding issue?? Although my battery reads 12.54V, which is identical to the voltage at the amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.